RenderPlayerEvent is not working(1.16.5)

ElTotisPro50

Hi, i made a keybind and when i press it it should modify my player, like the rotation of any part or something but it is doing nothing

@SubscribeEvent
    public static void playerRotations(RenderPlayerEvent.Pre event)
    {
        if(ModKeys.testKey.isKeyDown())
        {
            event.getPlayer().sendStatusMessage(new StringTextComponent("Hola"),false);
            event.getRenderer().getEntityModel().bipedRightArm.rotateAngleX = 180f;
        }
    }

It is sending the message but is not rotating my arm, or head or anything that i put after .biped, i also tried RenderPlayerEvent.Post and is not working neither,as I said is not the playerRotations() event because is displaying the message and i have more events in this class that does work, i tried using math:

event.getRenderer().getEntityModel().bipedRightArm.rotateAngleX = (float) Math.toRadians(180f);

but nothing is working, i need a solution because i made this in 1.12.2 and it worked, the only thing that changed was .getEntityModel(), in 1.12.2 it was getMainModel() 

On 11/28/2021 at 7:45 PM, ElTotisPro50 said:

Is not working :(

check if your event is getting fired, first (and you must be in 3rd person on singleplayer for it to work).

second, modifying those values doesn't do anything. It is already rendered (in post) or the values will be overwritten for rendering (in pre). You need to cancel the rendering and do it yourself. I do it with the field model#visible = false in pre, then in post, set it to true, then modify the rotation points and angles, then render it using the render method that takes the buffer, vertex builder, ...

it would be much easier to use rightArmPose = ... in PRE. 

1 hour ago, matthew123 said:

check if your event is getting fired, first (and you must be in 3rd person on singleplayer for it to work).

second, modifying those values doesn't do anything. It is already rendered (in post) or the values will be overwritten for rendering (in pre). You need to cancel the rendering and do it yourself. I do it with the field model#visible = false in pre, then in post, set it to true, then modify the rotation points and angles, then render it using the render method that takes the buffer, vertex builder, ...

it would be much easier to use rightArmPose = ... in PRE. 

Ok i didnt undertand absolutely anything, even that i learned minecraft modding 1 year ago, can you post a image with code of how can i do that please?

14 minutes ago, ElTotisPro50 said:

Ok i didnt undertand absolutely anything, even that i learned minecraft modding 1 year ago, can you post a image with code of how can i do that please?

I myself learned modding a couple weeks ago and did not have any trouble following the suggestion from dieseben07 which was: "cancel the event and do the rendering yourself". If you want to get anywhere with modding, you need to learn it properly.

On PlayerRenderEvent.pre, take the arm model, and set the visible field to false. In RenderPlayerEvent.post, set the field to true, then adjust the x, y, z fields of the arm model (the rotation points). Y is either 20 or 17.5 if crouching (i believe). Use some trigonometry to calculate the rest from the player's rotations. Then you have the xRot, ... fields which you can modify. You might need some math for that too.

After you're done modifying the pose, call render for the arm model. It takes the matrix stack from the event, a vertex builder, ... you can see an example of using this from the vanilla rendering code. I actually learned how to do this by studying vanilla code. You should too! All the code you need is there.

7 hours ago, matthew123 said:

I myself learned modding a couple weeks ago and did not have any trouble following the suggestion from dieseben07 which was: "cancel the event and do the rendering yourself". If you want to get anywhere with modding, you need to learn it properly.

On PlayerRenderEvent.pre, take the arm model, and set the visible field to false. In RenderPlayerEvent.post, set the field to true, then adjust the x, y, z fields of the arm model (the rotation points). Y is either 20 or 17.5 if crouching (i believe). Use some trigonometry to calculate the rest from the player's rotations. Then you have the xRot, ... fields which you can modify. You might need some math for that too.

After you're done modifying the pose, call render for the arm model. It takes the matrix stack from the event, a vertex builder, ... you can see an example of using this from the vanilla rendering code. I actually learned how to do this by studying vanilla code. You should too! All the code you need is there.

Nope, i need a example with code, because i dont know what you mean by "On PlayerRenderEvent.Pre and .Post", im using a key event to work, RenderPlayerEvent is a minecraft class and i cant modify it, i dont know what you mean by that, even if that sound silly thats how i program, i cant just read a solution and do it because i dont know how to do it i need a example, most programers dont need a guide with examples but i do, even i know java, c++ and python

5 hours ago, ElTotisPro50 said:

Nope, i need a example with code, because i dont know what you mean by "On PlayerRenderEvent.Pre and .Post", im using a key event to work, RenderPlayerEvent is a minecraft class and i cant modify it, i dont know what you mean by that, even if that sound silly thats how i program, i cant just read a solution and do it because i dont know how to do it i need a example, most programers dont need a guide with examples but i do, even i know java, c++ and python

You should read the documentation from mcforge.readthedocs.io.

"On RenderPlayerEvent.Pre" is exactly what is sounds like : on that event, do as instructed above.

"I even know java, c++ and python" irrelevant. Programming is not necessarily about how many languages you've learned, but how well you can use one of them. Just being familiar with an OOP language would have made it possible to study the vanilla code. 

I'll tell you again. On RenderPlayerEvent.Pre set the visible field on the rightArm model to false, and in post, set it to true, then set it's x, y, z position and rotation values (look at how vanilla does it). Then call the render method passing in the matrix from the event object. Also see how vanilla does it.

This example is not very good for practical purposes, but I hope is enough to satisfy the stack overflow trend:

@SubscribeEvent
public void renderPlayerPre(RenderPlayerEvent.Pre event) {
    event.getRenderer().getModel().rightArm.visible = false;
}
@SubscribeEvent
public void renderPlayerPost(RenderPlayerEvent.Post event) {
        PlayerEntity player = event.getPlayer();
        PlayerModel<AbstractClientPlayerEntity> model = event.getRenderer().getModel();
        ModelRenderer rightArm = model.rightArm;
        rightArm.visible = true;
        // rotation point
        rightArm.x = -MathHelper.cos((float) Math.toRadians(player.yRot)) * 5.0F;
        rightArm.y = 20;
        rightArm.z = -MathHelper.sin((float) Math.toRadians(player.yRot)) * 5.0F;
        // rotation
        rightArm.xRot = (float) Math.toRadians(42);
        rightArm.yRot = (float) -Math.toRadians(player.yBodyRot);
        rightArm.render(
                event.getMatrixStack(),
                event.getBuffers().getBuffer(RenderType.entitySolid(((AbstractClientPlayerEntity)player).getSkinTextureLocation())),
                Minecraft.getInstance().getEntityRenderDispatcher().getPackedLightCoords(player, 1f),
                OverlayTexture.NO_OVERLAY);
}

7 hours ago, matthew123 said:

You should read the documentation from mcforge.readthedocs.io.

"On RenderPlayerEvent.Pre" is exactly what is sounds like : on that event, do as instructed above.

"I even know java, c++ and python" irrelevant. Programming is not necessarily about how many languages you've learned, but how well you can use one of them. Just being familiar with an OOP language would have made it possible to study the vanilla code. 

I'll tell you again. On RenderPlayerEvent.Pre set the visible field on the rightArm model to false, and in post, set it to true, then set it's x, y, z position and rotation values (look at how vanilla does it). Then call the render method passing in the matrix from the event object. Also see how vanilla does it.

This example is not very good for practical purposes, but I hope is enough to satisfy the stack overflow trend:

@SubscribeEvent
public void renderPlayerPre(RenderPlayerEvent.Pre event) {
    event.getRenderer().getModel().rightArm.visible = false;
}
@SubscribeEvent
public void renderPlayerPost(RenderPlayerEvent.Post event) {
        PlayerModel<AbstractClientPlayerEntity> model = event.getRenderer().getModel();
        ModelRenderer rightArm = model.rightArm;
        rightArm.visible = true;
        // rotation point
        rightArm.x = -MathHelper.cos((float) Math.toRadians(player.yRot)) * 5.0F;
        rightArm.y = 20;
        rightArm.z = -MathHelper.sin((float) Math.toRadians(player.yRot)) * 5.0F;
        // rotation
        rightArm.xRot = (float) Math.toRadians(42);
        rightArm.yRot = (float) -Math.toRadians(player.yBodyRot);
        rightArm.render(
                event.getMatrixStack(),
                event.getBuffers().getBuffer(RenderType.entitySolid(((AbstractClientPlayerEntity)player).getSkinTextureLocation())),
                Minecraft.getInstance().getEntityRenderDispatcher().getPackedLightCoords(player, 1f),
                OverlayTexture.NO_OVERLAY);
}

rightArm.render( event.getMatrixStack(), event.getBuffers().getBuffer(RenderType.entitySolid(((AbstractClientPlayerEntity)player).getSkinTextureLocation())), Minecraft.getInstance().getEntityRenderDispatcher().getPackedLightCoords(player, 1f), OverlayTexture.NO_OVERLAY); has errors, im using the forge mappings :/, getEntityRenderDispatcher does not exist... im so angry because mojang ALL THE TIME has to change almost the entire code of minecraft, in 1.12.2 you needed 1 LINE OF CODE, wtf (There are like 3 things that doest exist, getEntityRenderDispatcher , getSkinTextureLocation, getPackedLightCoords(player, 1f))

Edited by ElTotisPro50

1 hour ago, ElTotisPro50 said:

rightArm.render( event.getMatrixStack(), event.getBuffers().getBuffer(RenderType.entitySolid(((AbstractClientPlayerEntity)player).getSkinTextureLocation())), Minecraft.getInstance().getEntityRenderDispatcher().getPackedLightCoords(player, 1f), OverlayTexture.NO_OVERLAY); has errors, im using the forge mappings :/, getEntityRenderDispatcher does not exist... im so angry because mojang ALL THE TIME has to change almost the entire code of minecraft, in 1.12.2 you needed 1 LINE OF CODE, wtf (There are like 3 things that doest exist, getEntityRenderDispatcher , getSkinTextureLocation, getPackedLightCoords(player, 1f))

Then analyze the vanilla code and find the right names!!!

1 hour ago, matthew123 said:

Then analyze the vanilla code and find the right names!!!

affter a bit of time this worked:

@SubscribeEvent
    public static void renderPlayerPre(RenderPlayerEvent.Pre event)
    {
        //here i was canceling the pre event so...
        event.getRenderer().getEntityModel().bipedLeftArm.showModel = false;
    }

@SubscribeEvent
    public static void renderPlayerPost(RenderPlayerEvent.Post event)
    {
        PlayerModel<AbstractClientPlayerEntity> model = event.getRenderer().getEntityModel();
        ModelRenderer rightArm = model.bipedLeftArm;
        rightArm.showModel = true;
        rightArm.render(
                event.getMatrixStack(),
                event.getBuffers().getBuffer(RenderType.getEntitySolid(((AbstractClientPlayerEntity)player).getLocationSkin())),
                Minecraft.getInstance().getRenderManager().getPackedLight(player, 1f), OverlayTexture.NO_OVERLAY);
    }

But just one more thing, i promess no more questions..., the hand is like this: https://imgur.com/a/KTVudC3, and there is no offsetX, Y, or Z, do i need arm.rotationPointSOMETHING to move the hand wherever i want?

1 hour ago, ElTotisPro50 said:

affter a bit of time this worked:

@SubscribeEvent
    public static void renderPlayerPre(RenderPlayerEvent.Pre event)
    {
        //here i was canceling the pre event so...
        event.getRenderer().getEntityModel().bipedLeftArm.showModel = false;
    }

@SubscribeEvent
    public static void renderPlayerPost(RenderPlayerEvent.Post event)
    {
        PlayerModel<AbstractClientPlayerEntity> model = event.getRenderer().getEntityModel();
        ModelRenderer rightArm = model.bipedLeftArm;
        rightArm.showModel = true;
        rightArm.render(
                event.getMatrixStack(),
                event.getBuffers().getBuffer(RenderType.getEntitySolid(((AbstractClientPlayerEntity)player).getLocationSkin())),
                Minecraft.getInstance().getRenderManager().getPackedLight(player, 1f), OverlayTexture.NO_OVERLAY);
    }

But just one more thing, i promess no more questions..., the hand is like this: https://imgur.com/a/KTVudC3, and there is no offsetX, Y, or Z, do i need arm.rotationPointSOMETHING to move the hand wherever i want?

seriously, why don't you analyze the darn code? just look for float fields.