[FIXED - eclipse error] Problem with exporting mod

Ernio

Hello,

I've recently updated my mod to MC 1.6.2 - Forge 9.10.0.804 and it seems that I am stupid or blind (or maybe not).

When I launch my mod in Eclypse it works fine (everything), but when I've reobf it and put Classes into .zip/.jar Forge won't even see this mod.

Info: Forge 9.10.0.804 installed by installer on fresh client with 1.6.2 (run once). Forge is working, actually all other mods are working, but mine. Funny thing is that if I'll pick up my mod from .minecraft/mods/MyMod.zip and extract it into .minecraft/versions/Forge-x/.jar the mod (MyMod) actally works fine. What could be WONG?! I just need some ideas, code is 100% fine because it works.

And one more thing: Is this a VERY bad way to do?

The mod FMLMod:MyMod{0.3.0.PB} is attempting to register a block whilst it it being constructed. This is bad modding practice - please use a proper mod lifecycle event.

I mean - is there any way that Minecraft can crash if i am registering whole block in Block.class and in MyMod.class i am only creating static final for block? ANY?

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

i am only creating static final for block?

your block can be static but surelly they cannot be final

final would mean that they are constructed inside the constructor of you MainMod class. a time where i THINK forge isnt prepared to create new blocks. they should be initialized in your preInit method

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

Thanks but that was a extra question (mod worked well with that - public static final Block BlockName, after your change that nothing happens). Main question was: what do I do wrong while exporting my mod?

Again: Mod is working in eclypse, mod is working when extracted to .jar, but is NOT when it is in /.minecraft/mods/MyMod.zip (or .jar).

File structure:

MyMod.zip

>net

>>mymod

>>>mod

>>>>Main.class

1 run recompile.bat (or .sh if linux/mac )

2 run reobfuscate.bat (same as above)

3 open mcp/reobf/minecraft (and dig until you see the TOP level folder of your mod, aka my mod is in com.hydroflame.*, so i would travel to mcp/reobf/minecraft because the next folder is "com"

4 ZIP (not rar, 7z or any other format, ZIP) all your class after this i have mcp/reobf/minecraft/somefile.zip/com/hydroflame/etc

5 rename that file to .jar (and that not even necessary i think)

6 move that file to .minecraft/mods/

7 ???

8 profit

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

Thanks for trying, but...

Let me just say one thing: I am turning for others people help only if it's neccesary (time is everything). I don't need tutorials ,,How to export a mod" (it's even on wiki I think). I need help because I've checked code 10 times, reistalled whole MCP 3 times, and reinstalled Minecraft with forge like 4 times. And yet: My mod only works in eclypse and in 1.6.2-Forge.jar, but not in freaking mod directory. Every single mod works normally (in /mods/) but mine NOT. WHY?! :C

This is what I writed first...

Fixed problem - IT WAS PAIN! No, really - pain in the ass with my damn eclipse shortcuts :)

Sorry guys :)