"Could not resolve net.minecraftforge:forge:1.16.5-36.2.22_mapped_official_1.16.5" error when trying to build.

Marxmin

Hiya. This is my first attempt at making a mod after taking a few courses on Java, and I'm running into the below error when attempting to build/set-up my environment with IntelliJ. Steps are also listed below:

1. Download the mdk files from files.minecraftforge.net (attempted with both '1.16.5 - 36.2.20' and '1.16.5 - 36.2.22')
  2. Extract the files to a new folder -- D:\Minecraft
  3. Open the build.gradle file as a file, rather than project in IntelliJ to change group, archivesBaseName, and "examplemod" from the default run configurations. Save & exit.
  4. Open build.gradle as a project, let the build process start. 
  5. Get the following error after around 11 seconds:
    Could not resolve all files for configuration ':runtimeClasspathCopy'.
    > Could not find net.minecraftforge:forge:1.16.5-36.2.22_mapped_official_1.16.5.
      Searched in the following locations:
        - file:/C:/Users/Marxmin/.gradle/caches/forge_gradle/bundeled_repo/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.16.5-36.2.22_mapped_official_1.16.5/forge-1.16.5-36.2.22_mapped_official_1.16.5.pom
        - file:/C:/Users/Marxmin/.gradle/caches/forge_gradle/bundeled_repo/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.16.5-36.2.22_mapped_official_1.16.5/forge-1.16.5-36.2.22_mapped_official_1.16.5.jar
      Required by:
          project :

Possible solution:
     - Declare repository providing the artifact, see the documentation at https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/declaring_repositories.html

I've verified that the repositories are declared in the build.gradle file as follows:

buildscript {
    repositories {
        maven { url = 'https://maven.minecraftforge.net' }
        mavenCentral()
    }
    dependencies {
        classpath group: 'net.minecraftforge.gradle', name: 'ForgeGradle', version: '5.1.+', changing: true
    }
}

As far as the paths it mentions in the error, they do not exist. It goes as far as C:\Users\Marxmin\.gradle\caches\forge_gradle, and the available folders are as follows:
6D5fnBt.png

So far I've tried redownloading the mdk files, reinstalling intelliJ, deleting the .gradle folder and letting it download again, with no luck.

Thanks for any assistance! Apologies if anything is formatted incorrectly, or if this is the incorrect place to post!

Edited by Marxmin
replaced "file" with "folder"

2 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Post the full Gradle output please.

Thanks for the quick response! I edited the above post to contain what I *think* is the correct log, but let me know if it's incorrect, and where I can find the correct log, or if I need to export it to a text file somehow when building.