Forge Download Links: Adfoc.us vs. Adf.ly

Zero

This is [glow=#220000,2,300]not[/glow] the Forge Download thread. If you want to download Forge, go to this one;

Main Forge Downloads

(Just a little note to all who could have possibly gotten here from Google, or related post links...)

--------------------------------------------------

I've recently come across a site while downloading some mods and plugins, and it's extremely similar to adf.ly. Cosmetically, the main difference is that the top bar is white. Where it really seems to shine is that it generates 13x the amount of revenue that adf.ly does.

Adf.ly:

[glow=black,2,300]$5.00 per 10,000 downloads.[/glow]

(0.0005 cents per download)

Adfoc.us:

[glow=black,2,300]$6.50 per 1,000 downloads.[/glow]

(0.0065 cents per download)

If this website is for real, I'd very much like to see Forge's adf.ly links switch over to these ones, or perhaps add an option for it. I'm against not supporting the creators, and I'd like to show as much support as I can per download. As I'm sure many of us here at the forums would. :)

I really hope you guys look into/consider it. :)

Check out my

Texture Packs Thread here on the Forge Forum. :)

Currently in the process of adding some mod support for JohnSmith Texture Pack.

width=105 height=12https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_21351[/img]

width=209 height=19https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_772852[/img]

I'd prefer to stay away from unknown adf.ly knockoffs.

Adf.ly works, it doesn't make much but whatever, something is better then nothing.

If you really wanna support the devs, donate directly, or just click the links/ads more :P

Also, I think you've been misinformed:

Adfoc.us: $6.50 CPM (1,000)

Adf.ly: $5.90 CPM (1,000)

Plus, most people don't care about adf.ly's and I can tell you a lot of the traffic still rolls through the direct link, I'm not particularaily concerned.

Basically the the ads allow me to pay for my internet, and buy a pizza or two, thats about it :P

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Adf.ly works, it doesn't make much but whatever, something is better then nothing.

If you really wanna support the devs, donate directly, or just click the links/ads more :P

*moved*

Plus, most people don't care about adf.ly's and I can tell you a lot of the traffic still rolls through the direct link, I'm not particularaily concerned.

Basically the the ads allow me to pay for my internet, and buy a pizza or two, thats about it :P

Ohh, I see. I was going by the "Your Site Here: 10,000 visitors / $5.00". Thanks for linking me to the rates page. I'd have always thought it was that if you didn't show me. Okay, I didn't know the rates were so close. My bad. Oh, I forgot to leave a message because It was my first time using the system, but I donated some to your ChipIn thingy on about the 10th of July. :) Which I hope more people will. I'd like to see some streaming. :D

Check out my

*moved*

Ohh, I see. I was going by the "Your Site Here: 10,000 visitors / $5.00". Thanks for linking me to the rates page. I'd have always thought it was that if you didn't show me. Okay, I didn't know the rates were so close. My bad. Oh, I forgot to leave a message because It was my first time using the system, but I donated some to your ChipIn thingy on about the 10th of July. :) Which I hope more people will. I'd like to see some streaming. :D

What's ChipIn?

Can I use paypal? (I've got 21 cents from adfly downloads)

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

*moved*

What's ChipIn?

Just so you know, you need to earn at least $5 before you can withdraw your Adfly money....

*moved*

What's ChipIn?

Just so you know, you need to earn at least $5 before you can withdraw your Adfly money....

Here's to earning $5 in 10 years! :P

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

*moved*

What's ChipIn?

...On second thought, I'm not gonna use Adf.ly. There's no way IN HELL I'll get to $5 in any remotely reasonable amount of time.

*moved*

What's ChipIn?

...On second thought, I'm not gonna use Adf.ly. There's no way IN HELL I'll get to $5 in any remotely reasonable amount of time.

Yeah, but you can say "I've made 3 cents in 24 hrs!".

On second thought, that's pretty pathetic.

*moved*

What's ChipIn?

I can proudly say I make at least 3 dollars in 24 hrs, but that's just because I actually attempted in exposing my mod to players. You guys just hide your mod in the Forge forums from keen players who want to try them out and who would play your mod if you do so?

Well, yeah. If I give you the URL to the MCF topic, will you post a "works well with" kind of thing?

Please?

BTW, that wasn't begging. Just close. :P

*moved*

What's ChipIn?

I can proudly say I make at least 3 dollars in 24 hrs, but that's just because I actually attempted in exposing my mod to players. You guys just hide your mod in the Forge forums from keen players who want to try them out and who would play your mod if you do so?

In my defense, Hawk's Machinery only has a Grinder, so if I were to put it up on the MCForums I'd be laughed at, not to mention I'd also be bugged to update my mod. Although, with the community knowing how big the last MC update was, the update swarm has been dithered.

*moved*

What's ChipIn?

In my defense, Hawk's Machinery only has a Grinder, so if I were to put it up on the MCForums I'd be laughed at, not to mention I'd also be bugged to update my mod. Although, with the community knowing how big the last MC update was, the update swarm has been dithered.

ChipIn is the link in Lex's signature. xD

Yes, it can be done with paypal, or it takes credit card. As I don't have a paypal yet, I used a debit.

Check out my

Well when you are using an adfly link to send people to your website and to this forum... ;)

Seriously, who the hell puts ads on a link to get to there main site.

That's freakin retarded.

So is putting on to get to THIS forum...

I hate people who friviously put adfly links.

If you'll notice all the ones Forge provides have direct versions accessible right next to them.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon