Minecraft 1.6.2+McMyAdmin+Minecraft Forge 9.10.0.804+Ubuntu headless server

Arf

I'm hoping someone else out there is trying something similar and can help he find where I'm going wrong.

I have a small Ubuntu desktop on which I have installed Minecraft 1.6.2 Server (successfully), and McMyAdmin (successfully) - I can now remotely manage my vanilla Minecraft 1.6.2 server remotely - sweet!

I have separately (separate account) installed Minecraft 1.6.2 client (with the new launcher) and successfully modded it to use Minecraft Forge 9.10.0.804 along with my favourite mods - the client runs fine with these mods in single player mode. (This matches my Win 7 PC setup).

Both Win7 and linux clients work with Forge on their own. Both Win7 and linux clients can connect to the vanilla Minecraft 1.6.2 server managed by McMyAdmin and run fine.

My trouble is - I can't seem to get the server to work with Forge - not even by firing it up manually, outside McMyAdmin. Not that I can find anywhere on how to install Forge on a McMyAdmin managed server.

Also - I tried the ModForge option in McMyAdmin to go down that path, but it does not work, the install option fails.

Any help or (constructive) comments would be appreciated.