(1.165 MCP) change player skin by code

ElTotisPro50

i saw this in a mod(the code is written in 1.16.5) but is giving me erros, it doesnt find player.playerInfo and playerInfo.playerTexturesLoaded, in the class that was made it doesnt extends anything

public static void setPlayerSkin(AbstractClientPlayerEntity player, ResourceLocation texture) {
        if (player.getLocationSkin().equals(texture)) {
            return;
        }
        NetworkPlayerInfo playerInfo = player.playerInfo;
        if (playerInfo == null) return;
        Map<MinecraftProfileTexture.Type, ResourceLocation> playerTextures = playerInfo.playerTextures;
        playerTextures.put(MinecraftProfileTexture.Type.SKIN, texture);
        if (texture == null) {
            playerInfo.playerTexturesLoaded = false;
        }
    }

59 minutes ago, poopoodice said:

They are private, and that explains why your IDE can't "find" it.

If you navigate to the class you should see them, and in this case they probably made it visible (public) by using access transformers.

I know this is basic java knowledge but PLEASE tell me a solution, i already learned java but i never imagined how i can use public, private and protected(obviusly i use them but i dont know how to connect private fieds so my class) im BEGGING YOU tell me how, i tried some tutorials of how to access to private fields but it wasnt helpful

1 hour ago, poopoodice said:

Did you had a look at the link to the Forge doc I attached?

i wrote the accessmodifier thing, refreshed the build.gradle file and even restarted my idle but it didnt worked, i checked the location of where the .cfg file should be but there is nothing(src/main/resources/META-INF/accesstransformer.cfg), there is only the mods.toml

2 hours ago, poopoodice said:

Did you had a look at the link to the Forge doc I attached?

hi i made the accesstransformer.cfg file with the text it needs for what im doing, but i dont know how to refresh the gradle project, in eclipse you right click in the project, gradle and refresh gradle project but im using intellij and all the tutorials for accesstransformers are made for eclipse

#AbstractClientPlayerEntity
public net.minecraft.client.entity.player.AbstractClientPlayerEntity field_175157_a # playerInfo

#NetworkPlayerInfo
public net.minecraft.client.network.play.NetworkPlayerInfo field_187107_a # playerTextures
public net.minecraft.client.network.play.NetworkPlayerInfo field_178864_d # playerTexturesLoaded
public net.minecraft.client.network.play.NetworkPlayerInfo func_178841_j()V # loadPlayerTextures
public net.minecraft.client.network.play.NetworkPlayerInfo field_178867_a # gameProfile

1 hour ago, poopoodice said:

1. There's "relaod button" on the gradle panel (mine is located on the upper right side).

2. Or in the "search everywhere" type "Reload All Gradle Projects"

3. Or close the IDE, delete .idea folder, and re-import the project.

thank you :), hey "your button that is located on the upper right side", does it do the same as the "Reload All Gradle Projects" in search everywhere?