(1.16.5 MCP) cancel copying my block

ElTotisPro50

is there a way to make that my custom block cant be copied with the middle mouse button(or any button that the player have assigned for copying blocks) ?, i looked the fire block for example (and his AbstractFireBlock) and there isnt a method that intervene that (maybe is an event) but how can i do it

That button only copies the block in creative, and in creative people can just pull the block out of the creative inventory anyway.

Fire only "works" because it doesn't actually have a collision volume, so the raytrace that occurs on middle-mouse sees the block behind the fire (same for water).

On the other hand, if your block can't even exist as an item (that is, you don't register a BlockItem for it), then it can never end up in an inventory at all, problem solved.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

1 hour ago, Draco18s said:

That button only copies the block in creative, and in creative people can just pull the block out of the creative inventory anyway.

Fire only "works" because it doesn't actually have a collision volume, so the raytrace that occurs on middle-mouse sees the block behind the fire (same for water).

On the other hand, if your block can't even exist as an item (that is, you don't register a BlockItem for it), then it can never end up in an inventory at all, problem solved.

what i want is that my block only can be placed by code(with the world.setBlockState), and the fire block, it has a collision volume, or you couldnt remove it, and if you copy the fire block in the console it appears something of copying null...

but for i want is just not add my block as an item right?

Yes. If your block is not meant to exist in the inventory, then don't create an item for it.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.