(1.16.5 MCP) AbstractGui.blit help

ElTotisPro50

so i made my overlay of 256x256 with GuiUtils.drawTexturedModalRect but as you know that only let you put a max size of 256x256, and i found that AbstractGui.blit let you put the overlay of 1920x1080, but there are 2 parameters that i dont know how them work, i tried some values like (1920x1080, 100x100, 500x500, 1x1, 0x0, ETC)

public static void blit(MatrixStack matrixStack, int x, int y, float uOffset, float vOffset, int width, int height, int textureWidth, int textureHeight) {

x,y are the position of where the overlay will be rendered, uv offsets are where the image start, and texture width and height are the size of the image(1920,1080) but i dont know what are int width and int height, as i said i tried to put some values but non of them is working(1920x1080, 100x100, 500x500, 1x1, 0x0, ETC)

2 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

width and height are the width and height you want to draw. textureWidth and textureHeight are the total size of the texture file.

what do you mean with the width and height i want to draw?, if im using a 1920x1080 image what should i put in width and height

Edited by ElTotisPro50

1 hour ago, diesieben07 said:

Do you want to draw the full 1920x1080 of it? Or say the top left 1000x1000? textureWidth and textureHeight are the size of the PNG file. width and height are the section (or potentially the full thing) of that file that you want to draw.

i want to draw the full 1920x1080 image, thats why (i didnt show you) but my offset is 0,0, i want to draw ALL THE IMAGE, i didnt understand again XD but what values i have to put in width and height(not in textureWidth and textureHeight)

this is an extra which class is where minecraft draw the overlay of the pumpkin?

1 hour ago, diesieben07 said:

If you want to do the entirety of 1920x1080 (aka 1920x1080) then put that in for width and height.

Although like I told you previously, your texture will cause performance problems if it is not a power of 2 in size.

performance problems?, i saw that the pumpkin overlay's size is 256x256, then how it draws in full screen?

8 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Show your code.

• You do not have to draw the entire texture (see above).
  • You do not have to draw the texture at 1:1 scale.

(i want to draw my texture in all the screen)

MatrixStack matrixStack = new MatrixStack();
mc.getTextureManager().bindTexture(MYOVERLAYTEXTURE);
//AbstractGui.blit(stack, x, y, offsetX, offsetY, width, height, textureSizeX, textureSizeY);
AbstractGui.blit(stack,0, 0, 0, 0, 1920,1080,1920, 1080);
mc.getTextureManager().bindTexture(AbstractGui.GUI_ICONS_LOCATION);

15 hours ago, poopoodice said:

It's the "Width on the screen" and "Height on the screen", so in this case the screen width and height.

you mean that in width and height i have tu put my screen/monitor resolution? (1366x768)

isnt there a way to scale by code the image(256x256) to make it occupy all the screen?

Sorry, to be more specific the "screen" stands for the window.

It is the dimension of the texture you are rendering on the screen, for example you want to render a 1920 x 1080 texture on a 16 x 8 button, then the width and height is 16 x 8. In your case you want to fill the whole window, then the width and height is the window width/height got from iirc Minecraft.getInstance().getWindow().getScaledWidth() or getScaledHeight(.

Edited by poopoodice