forge not working windows 11

hennym

when I try to install forge windows suggests to look for an app in the Microsoft store and that's the only thing i can do. I've installed forge before on windows 10 so I'm assuming this is a windows 11 thing, although I'm also using a brand new computer and the microsoft store version of mincraft java instead of installing it off the mojang website. whats the problem here?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

That could be because of compatibility issues with the new operating system. It's also worth mentioning that using the Microsoft Store version of Minecraft Java might be causing some complications too. Have you tried installing Forge from the Mojang website instead of the Microsoft Store? Also, just to clarify, are you using a Windows 10 key on your new computer?  UPD: sorry, didn't notice the thread was old. Did you manage to solve that?

Edited by IsaacAdekola