Custom Dimensions?

sci4me

Ok, a custom dimension can mean a lot of work if you really want own biomes. I'll try to give you some idea what you need as far as I know.

First of all you need a class that takes care of the world being hold meaning that this class will tell Minecraft how to handle the world. This is the class you must register in your @Mod-class.

DimensionManager.registerProviderType(this.providerID, your_class.class, false);

What this does is registering a provider. As providerID you have to take one that is not taken yet (the method return true if registering was successful, 0, -1, 1 are Vanilla I think). The false at the end says whether or not your dimension should be loaded if there are no players inside. To avoid lagspikes you should give false.

This isn't enough though as you have not created a world yet. You do this by calling

this.dimensionID = DimensionManager.getFreeDimId(); //dimensionID should be stored, here in your @Mod-class
DimensionManager.registerDimension(this.dimensionID, this.providerID);

This call creates a new world with your provider as sort of type of the world. You can create many worlds just by calling the second method over and over again without having to register a new WorldProvider. Now all you have to do is to create your own provider.

public class your_class extends WorldProvider {
//Override super-methods as you like here
}

Ok, a custom dimension can mean a lot of work if you really want own biomes. I'll try to give you some idea what you need as far as I know.

First of all you need a class that takes care of the world being hold meaning that this class will tell Minecraft how to handle the world. This is the class you must register in your @Mod-class.

DimensionManager.registerProviderType(this.providerID, your_class.class, false);

What this does is registering a provider. As providerID you have to take one that is not taken yet (the method return true if registering was successful, 0, -1, 1 are Vanilla I think). The false at the end says whether or not your dimension should be loaded if there are no players inside. To avoid lagspikes you should give false.

This isn't enough though as you have not created a world yet. You do this by calling

this.dimensionID = DimensionManager.getFreeDimId(); //dimensionID should be stored, here in your @Mod-class
DimensionManager.registerDimension(this.dimensionID, this.providerID);

This call creates a new world with your provider as sort of type of the world. You can create many worlds just by calling the second method over and over again without having to register a new WorldProvider. Now all you have to do is to create your own provider.

public class your_class extends WorldProvider {
//Override super-methods as you like here
}

And how do I get to this dimension?

You would want to create a portal block and a teleporter class, which you can find in the minecraft source under World/Teleporter.java and Block/BlockPortal.java. If you start giving that a look and check some tutorials on youtube (there are more then enough) you should get that working.