[SOLVED] Tessellator Troubles

Flenix

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*hydroflame looks at the code in terror*

WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS!!@!@!?!@??!?!?@%^@%?!

ok sreiously im going to do my research+tutorial on ISBRH because this is getting crazy ?!

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

ok i figured a few thing

for 1, for a reason i wont explain , you cannot use glTranslated, you have to surroudn your code with

tessellator.addTranslation(x, y, z);

and finish with

tessellator.addTranslation(-x, -y, -z);

now this will make place the tessellator where something like this

tess.addVertex(0, 0, 0);
tess.addVertex(0, 1, 0);
tess.addVertex(1, 1, 0);
tess.addVertex(1, 0, 0);

will cover the entire face of a block (the one you want to render)

after that you can easilly use the tessellator normally to render wtv u want

unless you intended to render models (like IModelCustom) then you would need another layer of setup (which i can explain if you want)

yeah i did the complete research on the subject after and made a tutorial on the wiki, just search for "ISimpleBlockRenderingHandler" and you'll find it :)

i cover texturing in there too

not sure which part you are talking about,

Icon c = block.getIcon(side, meta);

thsi whole line is inside your renderer

the meta you can get by using world.getMetaAtWtvSomething(x, y, z);

the side you just chose which side you want, when you render your cue you obviously render all 6 sides :P manualy

the getIcon method itself goes inside your Block class, you can use another method if you want

like create your own method getAllIcon will return an array of all texture you registered insode your Block class

well i don't do the "complete working example" thing, i print the code that should be enough to explain what you want to do

meta can be gotten using

world.getBlockMetadata(x, y, z);

and side you just manually enter what you want

if you want side 1 then

block.getIcon(1, meta);

side 2?

block.getIcon(2, meta);

well i don't do the "complete working example" thing, i print the code that should be enough to explain what you want to do

meta can be gotten using

world.getBlockMetadata(x, y, z);

and side you just manually enter what you want

if you want side 1 then

block.getIcon(1, meta);

side 2?

block.getIcon(2, meta);

Oh, so you were just saying side/meta as a way of saying "specify your side and meta here"? I get that now.

It's rendering A texture now, just not correctly. I think I just need to understand UV a bit more so I'll google around. Progress is progress though!

520e632e33d0d.jpg

width=463 height=200

http://s13.postimg.org/z9mlly2av/siglogo.png[/img]

My mods (Links coming soon)

Cities | Roads | Remula | SilvaniaMod | MoreStats

UV:

basicly they are the default name to coordiantes in opengl

0, 0 represent top left (or botom left ? one is opengl the other is d3dx)

and 1, 1 represent the opposite corner

but since icons are all in 1 texture, you must use the getMinU getMaxU to determine what are the portion of the texture is given to this specific icon

From looking through that post a couple of times, I can't quite see where I went wrong. Everything looks like it's acting as it should, so I guess my error must be elsewhere...

Can anyone see anything obvious and glaring that I've missed?

renderer code:

package co.uk.silvania.roads.block.tess.renderers;

import org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11;

import co.uk.silvania.roads.client.ClientProxy;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.client.Minecraft;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.Tessellator;
import net.minecraft.util.Icon;
import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation;
import net.minecraft.world.IBlockAccess;
import cpw.mods.fml.client.registry.ISimpleBlockRenderingHandler;
import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.Side;
import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.SideOnly;

public class ShortRampRenderer implements ISimpleBlockRenderingHandler {

@Override
public void renderInventoryBlock(Block block, int metadata, int modelID, RenderBlocks renderer) {

}

@Override
    @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
    public boolean renderWorldBlock(IBlockAccess world, int x, int y, int z, Block block, int modelId, RenderBlocks renderer) {
    	int meta = world.getBlockMetadata(x, y, z);
    	Icon c = block.getIcon(0, meta);

float u = c.getMinU();
    	float v = c.getMinV();
    	float U = c.getMaxU();
    	float V = c.getMaxV();

Tessellator tess = Tessellator.instance;
	tess.addTranslation(x, y, z);
	//Base
	tess.addVertexWithUV(0, -0.25, 1, u, v);
	tess.addVertexWithUV(0, -0.25, 0, u, V);
	tess.addVertexWithUV(1, -0.25, 0, U, V);
	tess.addVertexWithUV(1, -0.25, 1, U, v);
	//Top Slope
	tess.addVertexWithUV(0, -0.25, 1, u, v);
	tess.addVertexWithUV(1, 0.75, 1, u, V);
	tess.addVertexWithUV(1, 0.75, 0, U, V);
	tess.addVertexWithUV(0, -0.25, 0, U, v);

tess.addVertexWithUV(1, -0.25, 0, u, v);
	tess.addVertexWithUV(1, 0.75, 0, u, V);
	tess.addVertexWithUV(1, 0.75, 1, U, V);
	tess.addVertexWithUV(1, -0.25, 1, U, v);

tess.addVertexWithUV(1, 0.75, 0, u, v);
	tess.addVertexWithUV(1, -0.25, 0, u, V);
	tess.addVertexWithUV(0, -0.25, 0, U, V);
	tess.addVertexWithUV(1, 0.75, 0, U, v);

tess.addVertexWithUV(1, 0.75, 1, u, v);
	tess.addVertexWithUV(0, -0.25, 1, u, V);
	tess.addVertexWithUV(1, -0.25, 1, U, V);
	tess.addVertexWithUV(1, 0.75, 1, U, v);

tess.addTranslation(-x, -y, -z);
        return true;
    }

@Override
public boolean shouldRender3DInInventory() {
	return false;
}

@Override
public int getRenderId() {
	return ClientProxy.RoadsRampShortRenderID;
}
}

And my block's class:

package co.uk.silvania.roads.block.tess;

import java.util.Random;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.block.material.Material;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.IconRegister;
import net.minecraft.util.Icon;
import net.minecraft.world.IBlockAccess;
import co.uk.silvania.roads.Roads;
import co.uk.silvania.roads.client.ClientProxy;
import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.Side;
import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.SideOnly;

public class RoadRamp5 extends Block {

public RoadRamp5(int i) {
	super(i, Material.rock);
	this.setCreativeTab(Roads.tabRoads);
	this.setHardness(1.0F);
}

public boolean isOpaqueCube() {
	return false;  
}

public boolean renderAsNormalBlock() {
	return false;
}

@Override
public int getRenderType() {
	return ClientProxy.RoadsRampShortRenderID;
}

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
public void registerIcons(IconRegister iconRegister) {
	blockIcon = iconRegister.registerIcon("roads:roadBlockMiscSingles0");
}

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
public Icon getIcon(int side, int meta) {
	return blockIcon;	
}
}

And just to prove my texture is in the correct place:

52113bd6956d8.jpg

Any ideas? I'm so close to having this down now and then I can progress hugely with my mods! :P

width=463 height=200

It's the wrong shade, I should have mentioned that :P See how it's tinted a little green?

The one on the right is the best example. It's supposed to be the same as the block it's sitting on.

What are the effect if you have a texture that is all white instead? does it get a greenish tint too?

// curiosity thing more than anything else

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

I actually just tried it with a road arrow texture before I went last night, and yes it doesn. The pale green here should be white (as shown in my hand):

5211cef0932f9.jpg

So, must be something in my code that makes it that little bit greener...

(Ignore the fact the hitbox doesn't line up. The block is in the correct place for what I'm doing, just haven't set the box yet)

width=463 height=200

It seems to me that maybe your

GL11.gl_SomethingOrOtherThatEditsRGBValuesAndAlpha(Red, Green, Blue, Alpha); // Not sure what it is as you can tell  also not sure what order they go in as params, but I am fairly certain that Alpha is last

has a little green added to it?

Thats all I can think of xD

**EDIT** (20 seconds later...)

Well, I am actually led to believe that you don't have that line... Maybe it is to do with overlays? Is your road block somehow a grass block and so is getting the grass overlay? Or the grass color applied to it? Thats it for my ideas... For now... As this edit has proven that my earlier statement of "Thats all I can think of xD" has been so quickly disproved... Sorry peeps! :/

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

I did some experimenting... it seems to be height related?

Here's the ramp placed on stone and grass at different heights:

521205a74ff1e.jpg

This is certainly very weird... I obviously need a line to override using the overlay, but what...

EDIT:

More experimenting, seems to be something to do with relevant block placement. I was building a little ramp so I can test other stuff while I try and get this sorted, and noticed this.

When the stone is there, only the one below it is green. But, when I break it, 4 out of 6 are green... The one in the background changes too.

521208931ab5e.jpg

5212089edaaca.jpg

I'm so confused right now.

width=463 height=200