[SOLVED] Tessellator Troubles

Flenix

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a color setting due to biome specific coloration over blocks.

Like "color multiplier"...

Well... I HAD tried to post something, but the internet died when I went to post it... So now I can't remember what I was posting...

It was something about how I had already mentioned something along these lines...

Oh right! It could be a lighting issue. I know Draco ( a member on this forum... Haven't seen him in a while :/ ) He made a post about lighting issues. If you could find his post, maybe you could shed some light on the situation xD

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

Found his post.

int brightness = Block.blocksList[block.stone.blockID].getMixedBrightnessForBlock(world, x, y, z);

tess.setBrightness(brightness);
	tess.setColorOpaque_F(1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F);

Those set the brightness to match Stone, from what I understand. At any rate, it works perfectly!

Marking topic solved. I'm sure I'll be back with more issues soon but the tessellator itself works now.

Now time to go modify my old modeller to export this code and we can finally get a decent alternative to Techne and the TESR ;)

width=463 height=200

http://s13.postimg.org/z9mlly2av/siglogo.png[/img]

My mods (Links coming soon)

Cities | Roads | Remula | SilvaniaMod | MoreStats

Found his post.

int brightness = Block.blocksList[block.stone.blockID].getMixedBrightnessForBlock(world, x, y, z);

tess.setBrightness(brightness);
	tess.setColorOpaque_F(1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F);

Those set the brightness to match Stone, from what I understand. At any rate, it works perfectly!

Marking topic solved. I'm sure I'll be back with more issues soon but the tessellator itself works now.

Now time to go modify my old modeller to export this code and we can finally get a decent alternative to Techne and the TESR ;)

YES!!! I can't believe that worked O.o I am getting better at this bug solving than I though xD

Glad I could help. It helped me too :)

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

• 2 weeks later...

This thread just saved my day, thank you!

I think I can say this for everyone who posted here trying to help, your welcome! We had fun figuring this one out xD And that is the reason when a topic is marked solved, people can still read it. It would be utterly useless to anyone who had the same questions later.

I think I can say this for everyone who posted here trying to help, your welcome! We had fun figuring this one out xD And that is the reason when a topic is marked solved, people can still read it. It would be utterly useless to anyone who had the same questions later.

I followed this thread every update, post by post and I learned a lot from it!

:D

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

I followed this thread every update, post by post and I learned a lot from it!

:D

Agreed to that my friend! I have yet to actually USE the information, but it has helped with my debugging skills certainly xD