Server Booting Issues.

JVG2003

Hello I keep getting this error whenever I try to load up any forge server using a server.bat file. I'm now using 1.16.5 forge version 36.2.31  I'm using java 17 and java jdk 8. Ive reinstalled my java jdk and java 17 as I thought that was the problem, but that doesn't work.

C:\Users\james\Desktop\1.16.5 forge server>java -Xms4G -Xmx6G -jar forge-1.16.5-36.2.31.jar -nogui
2022-03-15 21:49:10,928 main WARN Advanced terminal features are not available in this environment
[21:49:11] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 36.2.31, --fml.mcpVersion, 20210115.111550, --fml.mcVersion, 1.16.5, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, -nogui]
[21:49:11] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.1.3+8.1.3+main-8.1.x.c94d18ec starting: java version 17.0.2 by Oracle Corporation
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler (in unnamed module @0x7ff95560) cannot access class sun.security.util.ManifestEntryVerifier (in module java.base) because module java.base does not export sun.security.util to unnamed module @0x7ff95560
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.lambda$static$1(SecureJarHandler.java:45)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.LamdbaExceptionUtils.uncheck(LamdbaExceptionUtils.java:95)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.<clinit>(SecureJarHandler.java:45)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.lambda$new$6(Launcher.java:55)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.computeIfAbsent(ConcurrentHashMap.java:1708)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.TypesafeMap.computeIfAbsent(TypesafeMap.java:52)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.TypesafeMap.computeIfAbsent(TypesafeMap.java:47)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Environment.computePropertyIfAbsent(Environment.java:62)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.<init>(Launcher.java:55)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:66)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.runLauncher(ServerMain.java:63)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.access$100(ServerMain.java:60)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain.main(ServerMain.java:57)

C:\Users\james\Desktop\1.16.5 forge server>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

I am supper confused on this because this doesn't happen with my spigot 1.18.2 server. 

please help

okay, I might have typed the string out incorrectly when replacing java with 'java 8' Anyways this is the new error

C:\Users\james\Desktop\1.16.5 forge server>java 8 -Xms4G -Xmx6G -jar forge-1.16.5-36.2.31.jar -nogui
Error: Could not find or load main class 8
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 8

okay I keep running into issues.

first this is how my bat file is set up now. 

Files\Java\jre1.8.0_321 -Xms4G -Xmx6G -jar forge-1.16.5-36.2.31.jar -nogui
pause

this is the new error I get. 

C:\Users\james\Desktop\1.16.5 forge server>Files\Java\jre1.8.0_321 -Xms4G -Xmx6G -jar forge-1.16.5-36.2.31.jar -nogui
The system cannot find the path specified.

I also tried it when the bat file looked liked this.

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_321 -Xms4G -Xmx6G -jar forge-1.16.5-36.2.31.jar -nogui
pause

This is the error I get

C:\Users\james\Desktop\1.16.5 forge server>C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_321 -Xms4G -Xmx6G -jar forge-1.16.5-36.2.31.jar -nogui
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Im still really confused 

Edited by JVG2003

On 3/24/2022 at 4:08 PM, diesieben07 said:

The java executable is at bin/java inside the Java installation directory. It also looks like you did not specify the actual full path.

I might sound stupid for asking this but how would I do that then?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 11:37 PM, Luis_ST said:

go into the bin/java folder of the java installation you want to use to run the server and copy the full path and use it instead of java in .bat file

okay so I went to my drive that has java installed, I went to Program Files, I went to java, I opened Jre1.8.0_321, I opened the bin folder, I copy the path, looks like this: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_321\bin

in the .bat file I put these ' at the beginning and end as program files is two words and it wasn't recognizing the full path.  as a result of all of this i get the error 

C:\Users\james\Desktop\1.16.5 forge server>'C:\Users\james\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_321\bin' -Xms4G -Xmx6G -jar forge-1.16.5-36.2.31.jar -nogui
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

I also tried doing that but with the program files (x86) folder java both don't work. 

what did I do wrong or is there a program that I don't have downloaded that is making this fail 100% of the time as ive never had this issue trying to make a personal forge server. 

Edited by JVG2003

6 minutes ago, Luis_ST said:

remove the ' before and after the Path

C:\Users\james\Desktop\1.16.5 forge server>C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_321\bin -Xms4G -Xmx6G -jar forge-1.16.5-36.2.31.jar -nogui
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

thats the new error when i remove the '