UI

11 hours ago, Make custom fireball said:

I tried these two. They were the only thing i could make out from the code.
Is there another class that i need to make because i have no client side classes.

unfortunately i'm not familiar with the 1.16 render system,
from what I know bindTexture only binds the texture it doesn't render the texture on the screen
if i remember correctly the method you need to use to render the texture is AbstractGui.blit

4 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Why do you have this field? Minecraft is already a singleton, there is no need to store its instance anywhere.

Your event handler method is not correct if you want to use @EventBusSubscriber. As described in the documentation, @EventBusSubscriber registers the Class to the event bus, so only static event handler methods will be checked.

I have that field because mc always comes with an error without the field being there

http://paste.ofcode.org/ZGLffeGhB56xQNjaVugeQZ I made the method static according to the documentation i think but when i run the code and cant load into my world.

11 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Learn basic Java.

You're using the field "mc" but you have not initialized this field, hence it has the initial value of null. You cannot call methods on null.

Im so special i didn't realize Minecraft was a class and i had to do mc = new Minecraft(); but i dont even have to make it a variable, I could just use Minecraft.
Now the hunger bar has a black box ever it.

http://paste.ofcode.org/XJk5hNpygrZrEpML4tD9db

2022-04-17_21.54.15.png?width=980&height

Edited by Make custom fireball

On 4/17/2022 at 3:22 PM, Make custom fireball said:

Im so special i didn't realize Minecraft was a class and i had to do mc = new Minecraft(); but i dont even have to make it a variable, I could just use Minecraft.

On 4/17/2022 at 3:27 PM, diesieben07 said:

Please do not do this.

How would I fix this problem

3 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Which problem?

the black bar over the hunger bar

On 4/17/2022 at 3:22 PM, Make custom fireball said:

15 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Your ElementType check is wrong. For adding to the HUD you should be checking for ElementType.ALL, not for anything but ALL.

Your ResourceLocation also seems fishy. Firstly you should use the 2 argument constructor, so that you don't have to do that ugly string concatenation. Secondly, the path should not start with a slash.

For the type someone on a discord server told me that, I knew it was fishy. Another will the resource location make it the black bar. Also i just get the hunger wave on the black bar, so i don't think there is a black bar over it but the hunger texture was replaced with a black bar.

5 hours ago, Make custom fireball said:

didnt know how the argument constructors were going to be added so i just left it the same but took out the slashes

the constructor use two Strings, the first String is the mod id the second one is the actual path to the texture

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements