Trouble Installing Server - Libraries Failed to Download

Snowy Fox

I'm trying to get an up-to-date Forge server running, and whenever I run the Forge installer and opt to install the server, it displays an error message stating that libraries have failed to download.

ForgeServerErrorDownloading.jpg

I'm trying to install the files into the directory of an existing vanilla Minecraft server. I've also tried installing it into an empty folder, just to see if it will download the files there.

I have tried both several times with the latest recommended build (9.10.0.804) and the latest build (9.10.0.817), always with the same results.

Installing the client files works fine, but I really want to be able to update my server as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Interesting do you have access to the internet on that computer? It can't download any of the libraries...

You could try launching the installer from the command line to see if ti prints anything to the console {when in the same dir run java -jar forge-installer.jar}

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I think the issue resolved itself. I tried running the installer again, and it downloaded the files just fine.

To anyone else having this problem, try restarting your router. I don't know if it's what fixed the issue, but I have done that since I last tried installing the server.