Using reflections on another loaded mod.

Hi.

Sorry in advance if this question was asked, but I couldn't find any instance of it on here.
My question is, can (and if yes, then how) I use org.reflections on other loaded mods?
I tried looking it up online, but I couldn't get it to work.

More specifically, I wanted to look for classes extending a certain class in another mod.
I know it should look something like this, but I'm not sure what to put into parameters in new Reflection().
(It's worth noting that I already have the ModContainer as well as ModObject of the mod I want to modify in a variable if that helps)

Reflections reflections = new Reflections("package.goes.here");            
Set<Class<? extends CertainClass>> CertainClassSet = reflections.getSubTypesOf(CertainClass.class);

Any help from you all is appreciated, and again, sorry if this question was asked / is basic.

Just now, diesieben07 said:

This is a bad idea. Why do you need subtypes of a class?

I wanted to get all classes extending Screen for a thing I was doing.  Speaking more generally, I am looking for a way to "modify" the other's mod behaviour without getting into bytecode manipulation (Getting all Screen classes was not a part of that, I wanted to test something out). I was looking for something similiar to the Harmony.Lib in C#.

1 minute ago, diesieben07 said:

I don't know C#.

Getting all subclasses for a class involves classpath scanning, which is not a trivial task at all. I would recommend the ClassGraph library, which is well maintained and supports the Java module system (which Forge now uses) as well.

However I would ask you to please describe what you want to do more clearly. Most likely there are better ways to achieve what yoou want.

I'll try to describe what I want to achieve:

The mod that I'm trying to modify has some custom GUI's, which I want to open by my mod.
My thinking was, if I can get all Screen classes, I can search for the one I need and open it if you know what I mean.