Cannot resolve symbol 'getDamage'

Hello, everyone.
I am a newbie in "java" "forge" "gradle".
Recently I want to listen to the player's health and will perform some actions once it changes. I found the file from "
CombatEntry" method from " net.minecraft.world.damagesource.CombatEntry" but when I write the behavior to listen in my class, idea prompts me "Cannot resolve symbol 'getDamage'"

• main.java
@Mod(Utils.MOD_ID)
@Mod.EventBusSubscriber()
public class Main {
    public static DamageSource a;
    public static int b;
    public static float c;
    public static float d;
    public static String e;
    public static float f;
    @SubscribeEvent
    public static void Demo02(getDamage) {
        //CombatEntry combatEntry = new CombatEntry(a,b,c,d,e,f);
        System.out.println("sadawedawdawdawdadwa" + c);
    }
}

Is it because "forge" doesn't support "minecraft" native events, or is "getDamage" not an event that can be listened to?

first of all basic java is required for modding minecraft

21 minutes ago, iYM8jXCs3pcvblTE said:

Is it because "forge" doesn't support "minecraft" native events

what did you mean by native events?

21 minutes ago, iYM8jXCs3pcvblTE said:

or is "getDamage" not an event that can be listened to?

getDamage is a method not a class nor an Event

Edited by Luis_ST

Yes, I'm sorry, I just realized that the previous "AttackEntityEvent" was a class/event. And "getDamage" is a method. That's why I couldn't listen to this event. I have understood the reason.
Native events, meaning events from "minecraft", not "forge" or other third party events. (Ultimately what I want to say is whether "forge" can only call/listen to events from "forge" and not from "minecraft", or whether "minecraft" has no event system)
When I checked the "forge" event system in the past two days, I didn't find any events related to listening to player health, is this because if you want to listen to player health, you can only listen to it from events that may cause damage. (For example, when the player falls, I can only insert the action I want to perform into the method that will calculate the fall damage)

Edited by iYM8jXCs3pcvblTE

18 minutes ago, Luis_ST said:

first of all basic java is required for modding minecraft

what did you mean by native events?

getDamage is a method not a class nor an Event

Yes, I'm sorry, I just realized that the previous "AttackEntityEvent" was a class/event. And "getDamage" is a method. That's why I couldn't listen to this event. I have understood the reason.
Native events, meaning events from "minecraft", not "forge" or other third party events. (Ultimately what I want to say is whether "forge" can only call/listen to events from "forge" and not from "minecraft", or whether "minecraft" has no event system)
When I checked the "forge" event system in the past two days, I didn't find any events related to listening to player health, is this because if you want to listen to player health, you can only listen to it from events that may cause damage. (For example, when the player falls, I can only insert the action I want to perform into the method that will calculate the fall damage)

Edited by iYM8jXCs3pcvblTE

1 minute ago, iYM8jXCs3pcvblTE said:

Native events, meaning events from "minecraft", not "forge" or other third party events.

there are no Events from vanilla, all Events are added by Forge

2 minutes ago, iYM8jXCs3pcvblTE said:

When I checked the "forge" event system in the past two days, I didn't find any events related to listening to player health, is this because if you want to listen to player health, you can only listen to it from events that may cause damage.

there is LivingHealEvent

• Thanks 1