Adding villager trades w/o MCEdit

ezeglace

I have added a few equivalent to emerald gems (ruby & sapphire) and would like to add them as replacements in trades or possibly allow any of the gems to be accepted in in any given trade. i have searched merchantrecipe, merchantrecipelist, an any othe rclas involving villager trades to no avail.

Thank you for this, I have found the method that I have been searching for

void manipulateTradesForVillager(EntityVillager villager, MerchantRecipeList recipeList, Random random)

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to use such method, but it seems that i can only add new stuff for emeralds to buy and sell

Thank you for this, I have found the method that I have been searching for

void manipulateTradesForVillager(EntityVillager villager, MerchantRecipeList recipeList, Random random)

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to use such method, but it seems that i can only add new stuff for emeralds to buy and sell

seems like you have to register your own IVillageTradeHandler via registerVillageTradeHandler. then you'd be able to manipulate the merchantrecipelist through it. although i'm not exactly sure what the limits to what you can do with it are (sorry, man, not really in the mood to dig around code right now) so you'll have to see for yourself

there is nothing saying that it takes emeralds for what is being traded

there is. look harder. it's really not that difficult to find considering it's in the same class. anyway, create a new MerchantRecipe (you can specify the buy/sell items in the constructor) then add it to the provided merchant recipe list. although i don't think you can remove the villager's default trades through an IVillageTradeHandler because they're only added after mod trades are added