[1.6.2] the forge revolution (the day has come!)

hydroflame

ok finally i can start advertising this mod

ahah, the day has come !

first of all let me introduce myself, primary author of the forge revolution

i am trying to make a real mmo experience for players who always wanted more of it in minecraft

lets start with some pictures (video is in the making atm)

a picture of the new steve (we have multiple models for each piece of equipment)

RmQDHvE.png

health bar indicator (you can turn those on and off, its also a separate mod if you want)

OIaqKE1.jpg

the new equipment screen

top row: head, amulet

2nd row: ring1 body armor ring2

3rd row: main weapon, pants, offhand (shield, mage orb, secondary weapon etc)

4th: boots

http://i.imgur.com/r9rsAsl.png

the new in game ui (also shows spell bar)

Yj2o6NR.png

the leveling system (well talk about it later, but you basicly level however you want)

ZuGBKEe.png

a randomly apparing meteor(texture missing btw :\):

i3rYlAW.png

the result of a meteor (btw those are new ore only found in meteor crash):

jNmSR9z.jpg

the party menu(invite people and see their health on the screen):

I1IGm7F.png

top left, the health of someone in your party (actualy display information may change, only text is kinda boring):

UeY35eR.png

a plot (a piece of land you can buy to have destroy/place right over the area), the player does not own this plot, so the price is displayed:

wCLnnDa.jpg

my new shop system (lets get rid of the sign-shop system now :):

3zXpxZj.png

example of a spell:

fANf2if.png

the skill menu(drag n drop your spells):

fMIMRFR.png

a generic staff with stats (of course this is not a staff you can make in game):

OG1iZNr.png

a teleporter (allow you to teleport between towns):

16FVgE9.png

ok now lets talk about this now :)

in order to give a good mmo experience we started by introducing a couple of "server friendly" submods

the party system:

so the party system is like you would expect in any game, you invite people to your party, they accept and you see their health (maybe mana later) on your screen while playing, it is updated real time

the new shop system:

i.. hate... sign/chest shop

literally this is the 2nd feature i worked on.

the new shop system allow player to store ALL their item they want to sell inside the shop. not 1 chest per item ... nono, i do it the good way, 1 block for a whole shop

so people place their items inside the shop block and later (even while offline) other players can buy from the shop

using the search function :) yay we dont have to search a 50 floor building when we want to buy something specific

town(protected area): a player can create a new town and start selling plot inside its town. other player can buy plots and start building in them i wont get into the details of who has destroy/place access inside the plots, but know that chest and furnace can ONLY be accessed by the owner of the plot (so its fair)

new equipment system: to make it more mmorpg style, player will have a brand new equipment system, each piece will increase certain stats (giving more defence, speed or attack, etc) but we wanted to keep the main idea of minecraft, the craft part that is, so weapon are not dropped by random mobs but you craft them, and enchant them with more powerfull stats (enchant in this case is different then vanilla enchant)

leveling grid: the hex grid (as we call it) is a massive grid composed of hexagons, every cell contains either a increase in stats or a new spell, so player aren't specificly one class, they can be anything, every cell also cost a certain amount of points, which can be spent buying more hp, mana or other stats (and spells)

spells: so pressing the ~ (english name is grave key) will switch between your spells and items, while in spell more right clicking will cast whatever spell you have active at the moment, some spells are target only, some are free cast (meaning you dont have to target someone specificly) spells can have a variety of effects, from healing to giving shields, to dealing damage or even teleporting away or pushing / pulling mobs, they could also give you temporarelly more defence or more damage output

we still have a lot of new features to do (like a trade menu between players)

please comment if you like this mod ::).. or if you don't :'(, your active love and hate can help me make a better mod

also comment if you have question of course

-hydroflame-

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

The idea is awesome, and implementation seems pretty good!  I have an issue with the textures and models, though, as they don't fit into minecraft at all.  They are too high quality and really break what immersion there is to be had, haha.  Make life easier on yourself and keep to more blocky models and lower quality textures. :)  Good luck!

»your active love and hate can help me make a better mod

Okaaay. HD .obj mod models + HD mod textures + default pixelized textures + default cubic models = guess what?

Yea, tastelessness! I'd recommend to make everything HD, or use cubic models and not show off.

Yours faithfully, ~.

P.S.

Are your shift-keys broken?

P.P.S.

Everything not concerning graphics looks rather interesting. If you don't abandon it, the result can be top-class.

If i helped you, don't forget pressing "Thank You" button. Thanks for your time.

Are your shift-keys broken?

I'm honestly not sure how to interpret that ...

:P

there's 1 word that is cap-locked in the whole message and its the word "only" (well the only one i could see while looking quickly.

so its either sarcasm because i did too much caps (which wouldnt make sens :P) or because i didnt do enough :P not sure

Okaaay. HD .obj mod models + HD mod textures + default pixelized textures + default cubic models = guess what?

Yea, tastelessness! I'd recommend to make everything HD, or use cubic models and not show off.

yup :P pretty everyone tells me that, and im kinda stupid to have made them so good (and by good i mean higher quality then normal mc because it would be crap in another situation xD)

the mod is suppose to run on a server and im not expecting everyone who comes here to own a gtx780 xD so yeah model downscaling is on the list :P

Everything not concerning graphics looks rather interesting. If you don't abandon it, the result can be top-class.

thanks xD btw never got the chance to comment but i was actually super impressed by rails of war too :\ gj on that

or use cubic models and not show off.

i work for a indie game engine company specificly on the graphic engine. if my goal was to show off about 90% of the players wouldnt be able to play my mod because of the workload id put on the graphic card xD

thanks nait :)

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

I'm honestly not sure how to interpret that...
That was about the lack of capital letters (not text, letters) in everything you write...

i was actually super impressed by rails of war too :\ gj on that
I did my best on it WoHx3IS.gif

If i helped you, don't forget pressing "Thank You" button. Thanks for your time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...