Can't connect to server

Since June 29 when the Minecraft servers went down, i can't connect to my usual server.

I have Minecraft launcher, the host is with bisecthosting, yesterday i was all day with bisecthosting support trying to fix the problem, we did everything really and i couldn't connect.

The modpack is custom, i manually do the overrides folder, and i sent the files to my friend, he could connect, but me not, with exact the same mods and config. 

I did a complete uninstall of Minecraft, we did a complete uninstall of the server, the hosting support verified that my connection was not the problem, we changed the server to all possible versions of Forge 1.18.2, I logged out and back in Minecraft, i allocated 7, 8 and even 9 RAM and still didn't work (My friend just allocated 6GB and he could connect without problem), etc. , really i was all day in this and even today i was still trying with a lot different things.

As I said at the beginning, this happened on June 29, a day before the 29, I could play but the modpack was different from the one we created on the 29 for a new world, so I assumed that the problem was a mod (although my friend could connect). One of the new mods we had put out was Architecture 4.5.75. We checked the Architectury mod issue post and saw 4 people report that they couldn't join a server or a world, so we removed the mod and all dependent mods on it, but still couldn't connect, we reverted the modpack back to how it was at first before June 29th, reinstalling all server files, and couldn't connect.

Latest log when i had the issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FN-IEhGv1MPbMsSgD6-pPlCZVJS_l-SY/view?usp=sharing

Please tell me if other log is needed, i don't know very well about what log i need to post.

Edited by Yekaterinna

It's strange, I can't see your linked client latest.log anymore. I did just look at it. Did you delete it?

When I looked it the log, the bottom looked something like:

Connecting to xxx.xxx.xxx where xxx is the ip address

Stopping - this was after a delay so it probably timed out

This means you are trying to connect to the server, but the server is not responding.

Can you look at your log and find that message and confirm the ip address is correct.

Otherwise, the problem is with the server.

You need to ask bisecthosting for the logs/debug.log from the server and post a link to it.

We need to see if the server actually got your connection request and what happened if it did.

• Like 1

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

BTW: Your log was full of spam messages from croptopia.

This seems to be this issue: https://github.com/ExcessiveAmountsOfZombies/Croptopia/issues/46

It claims to be fixed, but you still have the problem. So you probably want to ask on their discord how to fix it.

This won't be the cause of your connection problem.

• Like 1

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

We need to see if the server actually got your connection request and what happened if it did.

Make sure the server log is from a time where you tried to connect.

If you try to make a connection just before they give a copy that should be ok.

• Like 1

Boilerplate:

I didn't deleted the log but i see that is not there anymore, I don't know what happened, here is again my latest.log and the debug from the server (thank you so much for your attention, really I am very sad this is happening). And yeah, the IP direction is correct.

Latest log:

(Wrong log, deleted)

Debug from server:

(Wrong debug, deleted)

And thank you for let me know about Croptopia issue.

Edited by Yekaterinna

I don't know what is happening but Drive is bugging for me in the preview, but if i download them, i can see  the files well.

The latest log is changing to another latest log, really i put the link on the log where the connection issues happened, and if i download it i from my pc, i can see the correct file, but when i open the link from another device, i see an old incorrect log (that i deleted), sorry for all the inconveniences, this is just son unlucky.....

Edited by Yekaterinna

[01Jul2022 20:38:14.537] [Netty Epoll Server IO #1/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Starting new modded impl connection. Found 27 messages to dispatch.

-- snip --

[01Jul2022 20:38:16.117] [Netty Epoll Server IO #1/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.LoginWrapper/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Recieved login wrapper packet event for channel fml:handshake with index 16

[01Jul2022 20:38:16.117] [Netty Epoll Server IO #1/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Received client indexed reply 16 of type net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeMessages$C2SAcknowledge

[01Jul2022 20:38:16.117] [Netty Epoll Server IO #1/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Received acknowledgement from client

[01Jul2022 20:38:16.121] [Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Sending ticking packet info 'Config ensorcellation-server.toml' to 'fml:handshake' sequence 22

[01Jul2022 20:38:16.171][Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Sending ticking packet info 'Config potsnstuff-server.toml' to 'fml:handshake' sequence 23

[01Jul2022 20:38:16.220][Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Sending ticking packet info 'Config cofh_core-server.toml' to 'fml:handshake' sequence 24 [01Jul2022 20:38:16.271] [Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Sending ticking packet info 'Config jei-server.toml' to 'fml:handshake' sequence 25

[01Jul2022 20:38:16.319] [Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Sending ticking packet info 'Config forge-server.toml' to 'fml:handshake' sequence 26

[01Jul2022 20:38:44.577] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.network.ServerLoginPacketListenerImpl/]: Disconnecting com.mojang.authlib.GameProfile@402e08db[id=8adb3b01-a34e-407b-b318-e4173f63b689,name=Yekaterinnani,properties={textures=[com.mojang.authlib.properties.Property@5e8a2c21]},legacy=false] (/189.203.106.114:43015): Took too long to log in

These look to be the relevant messages on the server.

You are connecting to the server and it proceeds normally until it gets to packet 22 for the ensorcellation-server.toml, it doesn't receive any acknowlegement from the client for this and later packets.

Then it stalls and times out.

Can you post the debug.log from the client. The latest.log is not showing what the client is doing with those network packets.

Edited by warjort
  • Like 1

Boilerplate:

One other thing to try is to uninstall optifine. It can be a regular source of weird errors due to mod incompatibilities.

Boilerplate:

[01Jul2022 20:38:15.871] [Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Sending ticking packet info 'Registry minecraft:entity_type' to 'fml:handshake' sequence 17

[01Jul2022 20:38:15.921] [Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Sending ticking packet info 'Config curios-server.toml' to 'fml:handshake' sequence 18

[01Jul2022 20:38:15.971] [Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Sending ticking packet info 'Config artifacts-server.toml' to 'fml:handshake' sequence 19

[01Jul2022 20:38:16.021] [Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Sending ticking packet info 'Config create-server.toml' to 'fml:handshake' sequence 20

[01Jul2022 20:38:16.071] [Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Sending ticking packet info 'Config travelersbackpack-server.toml' to 'fml:handshake' sequence 21

These packets are relevant as well, they have no reply/acknowlegement? So the first unreplied message could be for the entity types packet.

• Like 1

Boilerplate:

That link is broken? Can you use a different upload site like https://pastebin.com/ or https://gist.github.com/

Boilerplate:

Sorry, it worked for me, here is the link with WeTransfer:

https://we.tl/t-WY7zef8DiX

And i don't know if this is relevant but my game crashed 29 June before all this happened, at the same time I was activating a resourcepack, it happened when i had Architectury 4.5.75, with this mod all was taking a lot of time and eventually sometimes crashing, so like I said, I uninstalled it, I thought maybe I had a corrupted file for that crash, so like I said too... I made a total uninstall of Minecraft and even i try to join without resourcepacks and it didn't work.. but I don't know if maybe I need a more in depth uninstall... Like I said, my friend can join, but me not with the same files.

[01jul.2022 18:24:23.101] [Netty Client IO #1/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Starting new vanilla impl connection.

[01jul.2022 18:24:23.251] [Render thread/DEBUG] [Tips/]: Displaying tip tipsmod:undead_helmet on screen ConnectScreen.

-- snip --

[01jul.2022 18:24:24.795] [Netty Client IO #1/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.LoginWrapper/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Recieved login wrapper packet event for channel fml:handshake with index 17 [01jul.2022 18:24:24.796] [Netty Client IO #1/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Received registry packet for minecraft:entity_type

-- snip --

[01jul.2022 18:25:24.850] [Render thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Snapshot injected.

[01jul.2022 18:25:24.850] [Netty Client IO #1/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Registry load complete, continuing handshake.

[01jul.2022 18:25:24.850] [Netty Client IO #1/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.LoginWrapper/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Dispatching wrapped packet reply for channel fml:handshake with index 17

-- snip --

[01jul.2022 18:25:24.880] [Netty Client IO #1/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeConfig/FORGEMOD]: Forge config just got changed on the file system!

[01jul.2022 18:25:24.880] [Netty Client IO #1/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.LoginWrapper/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Dispatching wrapped packet reply for channel fml:handshake with index 26

[01jul.2022 18:25:29.856] [Render thread/DEBUG] [Tips/]: Displaying tip tipsmod:swamp_slimes on screen DisconnectedScreen.

This shows the client has received all the packets and responded to them, including processing the entity type and all the registries.

But then it disconnects.

On the other login in this log, it doesn't process all the packets, it stops at packet 22 which happens to be that ensorcellation-server.toml packet I mentioned eariler, this is probably a coincidence.

[01jul.2022 18:21:22.668] [Render thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.screens.ConnectScreen/]: Connecting to 162.33.31.86, 25584

[01jul.2022 18:22:27.957] [Netty Client IO #0/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.LoginWrapper/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Dispatching wrapped packet reply for channel fml:handshake with index 22

[01jul.2022 18:22:32.865] [Render thread/DEBUG] [Tips/]: Displaying tip tipsmod:east on screen DisconnectedScreen.

What I think is happening, is that you have a login connection timeout of 60 seconds.

Your client is still processing packets at 60 seconds.

26 packet login: 18.24.23.101 to 18:25:24:880

22 packet login: 18:21:22.668 to 18:22:27.957

So it is disconnecting before the login can complete.

• Like 1

Boilerplate:

Thanks, I was actually able to access your google drive version after waiting a few minutes.

• Like 1

Boilerplate:

Why this thing can happen?, I was able to join to the world before with the older modpack and i always had a good connection/ping, etc, we reversed to older modpack and i can't join anymore, even we delete some mods to make the modpack more lightweight. 

Sorry if I am not understanding, is about my internet or some bugs with my client? 

I can't give you concrete details without knowing more about your modpack before and after.

I can tell you it currently takes your client about 1 minute to process all the registry information sent by the server

[01jul.2022 18:24:24.795] [Netty Client IO #1/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.LoginWrapper/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Recieved login wrapper packet event for channel fml:handshake with index 17

[01jul.2022 18:24:24.796] [Netty Client IO #1/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Received registry packet for minecraft:entity_type

-- snip --

[01jul.2022 18:25:24.850] [Render thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Snapshot injected.

This is not doing network stuff during this process.

• Like 1

Boilerplate:

I found this mod on curseforge: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/longer-login-times

Its not that popular (about 5000 downloads) and I have never used it so I don't know how good it is.

It lets you change the login timeout using a server configuration.

You could give it a try to see if it helps.

Edited by warjort
  • Thanks 1

Boilerplate:

Okay, thank you so much really, I am literally crying because I have been for all the last 3 days just looking for a fix to this and with each proposed solution, I get excited thinking that I will finally solve it and nothing has worked, and we moved to Bisecthosting recently and i was very excited to play in a better host, but this happened and even now I tried to play in the older host (we still have a plan there) and i can't do it anymore neither (the same error).

I will try the mod that you sent me, thank you again. And i can send to you the modpack if is necessary.

Edited by Yekaterinna

And yeah, about the 1 minute, I thought that too but I tell to my friend who can join, to take a cronometer and see how much it takes for him to join to the server and he said me that the time was exactly 1 minute, but for me is exactly 1 minute to get the error.

Edited by Yekaterinna