Microsoft authentication for IntelliJ/Eclipse development client

I recognise this question has been asked a few times over the last two or so years. Since then, to log into Minecraft it has been made mandatory to go through Microsoft's authentication system. It appears that it is possible, I'm looking at a node.js module that manages to do it using some 'clientToken' and the yggdrasil API. I spoke with McJty and they were quite clear that it was "not easy" at present. My question is: since it is impossible to log into a Minecraft account the old way, is there a way for a Forge development clent to be authorised with some configuration, whether that be CLI arguments or some sort of environment variables or external libraries etc and how would I do it? At the moment, I'm just trying to use IntelliJ's debug tool to debug a change I made to the way encryption of packets works (post-"Encryption Key Response") and this does not appear to be possible on an unauthenticated client as they can't even get to the "Encryption Key Request" step. Though, since this question has been asked a few times and if a solution exists for the problem of authentication, I would rather see an answer for that than a workaround for sending relevant encryption setup packets on unauth'd clients.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you very much.

I have heard of people using this mod in dev environments: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/reauth

For the feature: 

Change Accounts while Minecraft is running

• Thanks 1

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

18 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Why?

I modify the game for fun. The reason for this specifically is I've made some changes to a few server protocols and want to see if they are being processed correctly client-side. I'm very sorry if this wasn't clear from my original post or upset you in some way.

For now, looking into auth mods. Going to steal code and build my own just to be sure I'm not giving someone my password, as you suggested. This build should be very helpful so thank you to you both :)