[Solved] Is it possible to use unpacked textures with Eclipse…

I like using the run targets within Eclipse so that I don't need to wait for a full recompile when testing changes.  Unfortunately, using them means I don't have a place to attach custom tasks like packaging up assets (or if it does, I don't know how).  Is there a way to use unpacked assets (textures, specifically) with run targets?  Failing that, is there a way to run a custom task (e.g. my packaging script) when executing a run configuration?

1, lol i havnt heard those in a while :P

foo:bar

2 yes, i dont see any errors in your path but yes

when you say an item

you mean iconRegister right ? because if its for a resourcelocation it would be different

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

Hmm.  It seems the problem is having your mod in a separate Eclipse project.  If I move my mod's package to the Minecraft project, the textures get loaded just fine.  As long as the package is in its own project, the textures won't load no matter where they're located.

I stand corrected!  It's simply a matter of putting your resources in <project>/src/assets rather than <project>/src/minecraft/assets if your code is in a separate project.  Therefore, an item texture named "foo:bar" in project Baz would be located at mcp/eclipse/Baz/src/assets/foo/textures/items/bar.png

Umm... all I can say is.. Why? What made you think that you needed the minecraft folder??

*looks shamefaced* Sorry about that. I just don't get it sometimes when people don't get things I see clearly... I am still realizing people or different to me xD I hate being young... -_- (My definition of young is 12-15)

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

No worries!  The reason I had assumed it necessary is that the default location is mcp/src/minecraft/assets/etc.  But, of course, that's just because mcp/src/minecraft is the real source folder, not mcp/src.

Thanks! That cleared my conscious (or is it the other one?). Glad you figured it out

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD