Destroy / Remove blocks (10x10x10) when the block is clicked with an item.

Gepardius

So the update: Your code works on both client and server. The issue before was that I kept the server running, made changes in the editor and only restarted the client. Then I expected the same code to magically run on the server as well... Very dumb mistake on my part.

@Override
    public InteractionResultHolder<ItemStack> use(Level level, Player player, InteractionHand hand) {

Double distance = 500.0D;

if (player instanceof ServerPlayer serverPlayer) {

HitResult viewedBlock = player.pick(distance, 0.0F, false);
            Double x = viewedBlock.getLocation().x;
            Double y = viewedBlock.getLocation().y;
            Double z = viewedBlock.getLocation().z;
            y += 1;

player.teleportToWithTicket(x, y, z);
            // serverPlayer.connection.teleport(x, y, z, 0.0F, 0.0F);
        }

return super.use(level, player, hand);
    }

So I ended up using the .teleportToWithTicket as Luis_ST initially suggested, so I don't have to adapt the head positioning.

A Double value should never be null.
If you wish to disable the logic use a value which will deactivate the code (like 0).
Then execute the code only if the value not the deactivation value (in this case is larger than 0).

Edited by Luis_ST
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Luis_ST said:

A Double value should never be null.
If you wish to disable the logic use a value which will deactivate the code (like 0).
Then execute the code only if the value not the deactivation value (in this case is larger than 0).

A Double (with a capital D) absolutely can be null, because it's an Object that boxes a double (lower case d).

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

I understood that the Double with capital D is an object, used for complex methods, whereas double with non-capital d can be used for simple computation/methods. In general there aren't many cases where you could go wrong using Double instead of double and vice-versa. At least for simple projects as in Minecraft modding. Please do correct me, if I am in any way wrong. 

Another topic that I have: 

If I want to create skill points, example teleport. I've created a global static variable inside the ability class:

public class Ability {

public static int teleport;

and then I increase the variable with:

Ability.teleport += 1;

On the server the teleport variable is stored as long as the server is running, once I reset the server the variable is reset and null again. Which in theory should not be an issue since the server is always running. And on the client it is the same, as long as I don't shut down the client the variable is stored and I can enter/exit as much as I like and don't lose the value of the variable. However, how would I store the value of a variable inside the world save?

Edited by Gepardius

3 hours ago, Draco18s said:

A Double (with a capital D) absolutely can be null, because it's an Object that boxes a double (lower case d).

Yeah it could but it should not.

1 hour ago, Gepardius said:

On the server the teleport variable is stored as long as the server is running, once I reset the server the variable is reset and null again. Which in theory should not be an issue since the server is always running. And on the client it is the same, as long as I don't shut down the client the variable is stored and I can enter/exit as much as I like and don't lose the value of the variable. However, how would I store the value of a variable inside the world save?

The best and recommended way would be a Capability.