Biome ID limit increase

Mackzwellz

With mods nowadays offering a ton of biomes to add, it becomes hard (for me, at least) to decide which of them should stay in the game and which should I leave out. I can't have Better World Generation, Biomes O'Plenty, ExtraBiomes XL and Highlands together anymore, because the first two eat up basically all available biome IDs. Not to mention there are plenty of other mods that add biomes, and there are even (outdated) giants like LandscapeCraft or BicBiomeCraft of the same author.

As I can guess, not being a programmer myself and not taking a look at the game's code, the number of biomes is limited not by a number, but a variable type. In this case it would be a big deal to increase the limit, but it still manageable, I think. The question is, will it affect existing mods so much that it isn't worth to even think about it, and if it won't, are there any other factors (like, lack of demand from the community or other high-priority tasks) that do not allow Forge developers to get this done?

• 6 years later...
15 minutes ago, flyingturret208 said:

So uh... I passed 256 biomes, I'm fairly certain that I pulled it off by a staggering amount whilst making a modpack for some friends and myself. Is there some way to extend this in 1.12.2?

Please don't necro old threads, make your own. By the way, 1.12 is no longer supported on this forum.

• Sad 1

It's sad how much time mods spend saying "x is no longer supported on this forum. Please update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support".