[1.6.2] Luma - A lighting Mod for Forge

KelMai

Luma - A lighting Mod for Forge

header.jpg

Luma is a mod for Minecraft Forge all about Lighting.

It's in a very early stage right now, but expect it to grow a lot over the next months.

Current version: 0.2.2 (MC 1.6.2 Forge 9.10.0.804) direct download

Changes in this version:

• [NEW] Added colored Fixtures
  • [FIX] Moved Fixtures down a bit when displayed as Inventory Items
  • Optimised render code
  • Changed standard starting IDs (Block: 3750 / Item: 12050) - can be changed in the config file

Changelog:

0.2.2 - 2013-09-04

- [NEW] Added colored Fixtures

- [FIX] Moved Fixtures down a bit when displayed as Inventory Items

- Optimised render code

- Changed standard starting IDs (Block: 3750 / Item: 12050) - can be changed in the config file

0.2.1 - 2013-09-01

- [NEW] Added custom tab "Luma" to creative mode inventory. All Luma blocks/items moved there

- [NEW] New custom Renderer for Luma Lamps / Multilamps. disables Shading and makes the lamps glow more

- [NEW] Added Debug Item only accessible in creative mode/NEI. Shows information in chat about the block that was right clicked. Will probably be removed at v1.0

- [FIX] "Off"-states of blocks were shown in NEI. Fixed by disabling them using the NEI API

- [FIX] Tweaked bar textures for caged lamps

0.2.0 - 2013-08-27

- [NEW] New Block: Luma Fixtures (only white for now)

- [FIX] Corrected Textures for Multilamp - No longer has strange artifacts in corners

- More internal code cleanup

0.1.1 - 2013-08-19

- [FIX] Levers can now be placed directly on lamps

- Transferred code to GIT repository

- Internal code cleanup / refactoring

0.1.0 - 2013-08-18

- First Release

Current features:

• Luma Lamps:
    Dyeable Lights, designed to provide a clean, almost industrial looking light source.
    Luma Lamps output the maximum possible light level and are powered by redstone. They come in normal and inverted varieties, as well as plain and caged versions.

Screenshot:

LumaLamps.jpg

Recipes:

Luma Lamp

LumaLamp.png

Caged Luma Lamp

CagedLumaLamp.png

Inverted Luma Lamp

InvertedLumaLamp.png

Inverted Caged Luma Lamp

InvertedCagedLumaLamp.png

• Luma Fixture
    Luma Fixtures are wall (and floor/ceiling) mountable lamps, powered by redstone. They come in caged and inverted versions.
    Their placement behaviour corresponds to torches. That means, if the block they're placed on is destroyed, they will drop as items.
    Comes in all 16 colors (color white with dyes, like wool)

Screenshot:

Fixtures.jpg

Recipes:

Luma Fixture (4x)

LumaFixture.png

Inverted Luma Fixture (4x)

InvertedLumaFixture.png

Caged Luma Fixture (4x)

CagedLumaFixture.png

Caged Inverted Luma Fixture (4x)

CagedInvertedLumaFixture.png

• Multilamp:
    Changes its color according to the strength of Redstone power it receives. This is especially useful when used with other mods like Computercraft which can output different power levels.
    It comes in a normal and a caged version.
    The Multilamp requires a new item called Chroma Stone in its crafting recipe.

Screenshot:

Multilamps.jpg

Recipes:

Chroma Stone

ChromaStone.png

Multilamp

Multilamp.png

Caged Multilamp

CagedMultilamp.png

Please let me know what you think. This is my first mod. I'm a programmer but a noob in Java/Forge API so please be gentle, I'm still learning  ;)

Direct Download of current version (0.2.2): direct download

More Information: www.kelmai.com/luma

Introduction Video:

[embed=570,349]

[/embed]

Like my mod? Help me pay for hosting:

width=147 height=47https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif[/img]

Wow, nice video and intro. This seems pretty good! One suggestion though: it would be awesome if the lighting color matched the color of the lamp... Not sure if this is trivial though, as I haven't poked around with the lighting API (raw OpenGl or abstracted?). But this can still definitely make your homes less dull.

I like to make mods, just like you. Here's one worth checking out

Wow, nice video and intro. This seems pretty good! One suggestion though: it would be awesome if the lighting color matched the color of the lamp... Not sure if this is trivial though, as I haven't poked around with the lighting API (raw OpenGl or abstracted?). But this can still definitely make your homes less dull.

Thanks a lot!

To change the color of the light itself i would need to rewrite the whole lighting system, and even Mojang are still having trouble with that ;) So I think this is not (easily) possible. Otherwise I think one of the expert mod devs would have done it already...

When the "light" blocks are placed, you could just skip any normal blocks. But there are still many things that wouldnt quite work... Or maybe an approach using an entity that renders differently depending on the blocks around it; just speculation... Well in any case, it's probably fine as it is :)

I like to make mods, just like you. Here's one worth checking out

• 2 weeks later...

Changes:

- [NEW] Added custom tab "Luma" to creative mode inventory. All Luma blocks/items moved there

- [NEW] New custom Renderer for Luma Lamps / Multilamps. disables Shading and makes the lamps glow more

- [NEW] Added Debug Item only accessible in creative mode/NEI. Shows information in chat about the block that was right clicked. Will probably be removed at v1.0

- [FIX] "Off"-states of blocks were shown in NEI. Fixed by disabling them using the NEI API

- [FIX] Tweaked bar textures for caged lamps

Direct Download

• 4 years later...