Dimension Help

Duskite

I have been working on a mod, my first in Forge (and I think it may have been a bit.. large for a first),  and I have been having troubles finding out how to make a new dimension.  I have recently found a tutorial to help explain the process of making it, but there is still one problem; the fact of how specific it might be. 

How I would like it is an empty void filled with nothing, and that part seems to be easy enough.  Then next challenge is to create a single building inside of it the first time a special door(Like the Dimensional Doors) is placed, and to then have the ability to create new doors on varying frequencies connect to each other to provide easy access wherever it is needed. 

Can somebody help work me through this, or show me a place that can help me learn how to do any of these things? 

I may be quite new to modding, but I'd prefer to not be fed the code, and instead taught the principles or way of going about this.

Also, if my code is needed to help you understand where I am, I can easily provide it.

Well if the void is pretty easy, then the rest should be pretty easy too. What you are wanting is some world generation. And then lots of if statements. So you will want a new world generation file for every piece of the original building. So every time you place a door, you check it to the list of the coordinates etc. to see if what part of the building you want, and from there, what generation file. I am sorry if I am not making much sense.

I will try to explain better later if you want me to... But I am messed up a lil atm xD Need a bit o' sleep.

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

Well if the void is pretty easy, then the rest should be pretty easy too. What you are wanting is some world generation. And then lots of if statements. So you will want a new world generation file for every piece of the original building. So every time you place a door, you check it to the list of the coordinates etc. to see if what part of the building you want, and from there, what generation file. I am sorry if I am not making much sense.

I will try to explain better later if you want me to... But I am messed up a lil atm xD Need a bit o' sleep.

For the most part, I think I get what I need to do, just if you don't mind explaining the basic process of making the building.

Thanks in advance!