JVM Access Violation Exception (1.19)

Hello all!
I am trying to get back into Minecraft modding after quite the hiatus.
I am on Windows 11 Pro (Version: 21H2 Build: 22000.795).
I freshly installed the Oracle JDK 17 (64bit using the .msi installer for Windows), IntelliJ Community Edition 2022 (Build #IC-222.3345.118), and the latest stable release of the MDK (1.19-41.1.0).
Gradle syncs and runs the genIntelliJRuns task just fine.
When I try to run the runClient task I get a JVM EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION:
https://pastebin.com/6YqFGfSj
A
ny help or advice would be appreciated

P.S. I have tried uninstalling and fresh installing everything again (as well as the OpenJDK version of 17 and 18)

Edited by ARestlessKnight

• ARestlessKnight changed the title to JVM Access Violation Exception (1.19)

Stack: [0x000000ce52900000,0x000000ce52a00000], sp=0x000000ce529fb438, free space=1005k Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native code) C [atio6axx.dll+0x190590] Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)

j org.lwjgl.system.JNI.invokePPPP(IIJJJJ)J+0 [email protected]+7

j org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.nglfwCreateWindow(IIJJJ)J+14 [email protected]+7

j org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.glfwCreateWindow(IILjava/lang/CharSequence;JJ)J+34 [email protected]+7

Its an issue with your (opengl) graphics driver.

Make sure it is updated and/or contact AMD.

You can also see if you can fix the issue by playing around with your monitor or minecraft video settings (use options.txt if you can't get in the game).

e.g. not starting in full screen can sometimes fix problems.

Edited by warjort
  • Thanks 1

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.comย  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

12 minutes ago, warjort said:

Its an issue with your (opengl) graphics driver.

Make sure it is updated and/or contact AMD.

I do have the latest and greatest from AMD. I will rollback and try again to verify that it's the driver.
I find it a little odd b/c the base game seems to run without issue (Initial client through actual gameplay verified)

I find it a little odd b/c the base game seems to run without issue (Initial client through actual gameplay verified)

I can't speak to that, I can only say what the crash log says.

I know the vanilla launcher uses a Microsoft java runtime environment by default instead of Oracle, the rest should be the same?

The lwjgl stuff is not something forge modifies, that's more the realm of graphics mods. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Thanks 1

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.comย  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have also encountered the same problem and already sent a bug report to AMD.

I got it to work once a few days ago but for some reason it just broke again.ย 

AMD please fix this :(

ย 

Edit: Reverting dirver toย amd-software-adrenalin-edition-22.4.1 fixed the issue for me

It may work with other versions as well.

Edited by Lebeg134