Any way to download these files directly (not useing Ad whatever)

Dodgeris21

Hello Dodgeris21,

Yes you can download forge without adf.ly and such, by going to the wiki home and going into releases.

Here is the link for the latest (as of 8/19) 1.6.2 forge download thread: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,10075.0.html

As for other mods, It up to the mod devs to offer direct downloads, but there are plenty that do.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Good Luck!  :)

There are no download managers or anything that you ever need to install.

However, as I am poor and I do pour a lot of time into this project I do run ads on the page. {I need to eat u.u}

There are two of them, one on the right hand side, and on at the very bottom.

Those are not the download links, the downloads are found under 'Files' in the top menu.

Click that will give you a list of all versions, and the downloads for those version. The main links are to adf.ly, and the (*) links are direct downloads.

If you do not wish to see any ads {though I do appreciate it when you do} you can install https://adblockplus.org to disable them when browsing the forums.

Either way you should never have to download a download manager, or anything of the like.

However, as kkaylium said, Mods are there own entities, we don't control them. And it's up to them to give direct links or not. {My opinion is that ads should always be optional, hence why I have both links}

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon