Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is there any full documentation for forge?

Luxvao

I'm new to forge and I can't find methods other people talk about or I can't find the methods I would like to use for my project. Is there any complete documentation for forge (the official documentation was not helpful in some cases)

1 hour ago, Luxvao said:

Is there any complete documentation for forge (the official documentation was not helpful in some cases)

The most Forge code is documented, if you wish to have javadocs and parameter names in vanilla code you can check out: https://github.com/ParchmentMC/Parchment/wiki/Getting-Started.

There is also the FCW which provides a lot of informations and code examples.

For any remaining questions feel free to ask here in the Forum or on the Forge Discord server.

Edited by Luis_ST

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • I have a bit of mods on the server but the server has been able to play them all before together and still run allowing me and my friends to get on. It keeps giving me the fatally missing registry entry error but giving no context as to what the error might be causing it. Have no clue what to do and I highly doubt the mods I have to be incompatible.  
    • I am trying to create a 1.18.2 forge modpack but i keep running into this/similar errors     C:\Users\bulls\Desktop\server>REM Forge requires a configured set of both JVM and program arguments. C:\Users\bulls\Desktop\server>REM Add custom JVM arguments to the user_jvm_args.txt C:\Users\bulls\Desktop\server>REM Add custom program arguments {such as nogui} to this file in the next line before the  or C:\Users\bulls\Desktop\server>REM  pass them to this script directly C:\Users\bulls\Desktop\server>java @user_jvm_args.txt @libraries/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.18.2-40.1.80/win_args.txt 2022-09-28 00:49:29,934 main WARN Advanced terminal features are not available in this environment [00:49:30] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--launchTarget, forgeserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 40.1.80, --fml.mcVersion, 1.18.2, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, --fml.mcpVersion, 20220404.173914] [00:49:30] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 9.1.3+9.1.3+main.9b69c82a starting: java version 19 by Oracle Corporation [00:49:30] [main/INFO] [mixin/]: SpongePowered MIXIN Subsystem Version=0.8.5 Source=union:/C:/Users/bulls/Desktop/server/libraries/org/spongepowered/mixin/0.8.5/mixin-0.8.5.jar%2314!/ Service=ModLauncher Env=SERVER [00:49:30] [main/WARN] [ne.mi.fm.lo.mo.ModFileParser/LOADING]: Mod file C:\Users\bulls\Desktop\server\libraries\net\minecraftforge\fmlcore\1.18.2-40.1.80\fmlcore-1.18.2-40.1.80.jar is missing mods.toml file [00:49:30] [main/WARN] [ne.mi.fm.lo.mo.ModFileParser/LOADING]: Mod file C:\Users\bulls\Desktop\server\libraries\net\minecraftforge\javafmllanguage\1.18.2-40.1.80\javafmllanguage-1.18.2-40.1.80.jar is missing mods.toml file [00:49:30] [main/WARN] [ne.mi.fm.lo.mo.ModFileParser/LOADING]: Mod file C:\Users\bulls\Desktop\server\libraries\net\minecraftforge\lowcodelanguage\1.18.2-40.1.80\lowcodelanguage-1.18.2-40.1.80.jar is missing mods.toml file [00:49:30] [main/WARN] [ne.mi.fm.lo.mo.ModFileParser/LOADING]: Mod file C:\Users\bulls\Desktop\server\libraries\net\minecraftforge\mclanguage\1.18.2-40.1.80\mclanguage-1.18.2-40.1.80.jar is missing mods.toml file [00:49:30] [main/INFO] [ne.mi.fm.lo.mo.JarInJarDependencyLocator/]: Found 1 dependencies adding them to mods collection [00:49:33] [main/INFO] [mixin/]: Compatibility level set to JAVA_17 [00:49:33] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.LaunchServiceHandler/MODLAUNCHER]: Launching target 'forgeserver' with arguments [] [00:49:33] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Reference map 'grapplemod.refmap.json' for grapplemod.mixins.json could not be read. If this is a development environment you can ignore this message [00:49:33] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Reference map 'bloodmagic.refmap.json' for bloodmagic.mixins.json could not be read. If this is a development environment you can ignore this message [00:49:33] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Reference map 'nethersdelight.refmap.json' for nethersdelight.mixins.json could not be read. If this is a development environment you can ignore this message [00:49:33] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: net/minecraft/world/level/levelgen/WorldGenSettings (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:33] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: @Mixin target net.minecraft.world.level.levelgen.WorldGenSettings was not found ae2.mixins.json:spatial.WorldGenSettingsMixin [00:49:33] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: net/minecraft/world/level/storage/LevelStorageSource (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:33] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: @Mixin target net.minecraft.world.level.storage.LevelStorageSource was not found ae2.mixins.json:spatial.FixupDimensionsMixin [00:49:34] [main/FATAL] [ne.mi.fm.lo.RuntimeDistCleaner/DISTXFORM]: Attempted to load class net/minecraft/client/player/LocalPlayer for invalid dist DEDICATED_SERVER [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: net/minecraft/client/player/LocalPlayer (java.lang.RuntimeException: Attempted to load class net/minecraft/client/player/LocalPlayer for invalid dist DEDICATED_SERVER) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: @Mixin target net.minecraft.client.player.LocalPlayer was not found ars_nouveau.mixins.json:elytra.ClientElytraMixin [Serene Seasons Transformer]: Transforming m_8714_ (Lnet/minecraft/world/level/chunk/LevelChunk;I)V in net/minecraft/server/level/ServerLevel [Serene Seasons Transformer]: Successfully patched tickChunk [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: net/minecraft/server/level/ServerLevel (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: @Mixin target net.minecraft.server.level.ServerLevel was not found immersiveengineering.mixins.json:coremods.ServerWorldMixin [Serene Seasons Transformer]: Transforming m_47480_ (Lnet/minecraft/world/level/LevelReader;Lnet/minecraft/core/BlockPos;Z)Z in net/minecraft/world/level/biome/Biome [Serene Seasons Transformer]: Patched 1 calls [Serene Seasons Transformer]: Transforming m_47519_ (Lnet/minecraft/world/level/LevelReader;Lnet/minecraft/core/BlockPos;)Z in net/minecraft/world/level/biome/Biome [Serene Seasons Transformer]: Successfully patched shouldSnow [Serene Seasons Transformer]: Transforming m_8714_ (Lnet/minecraft/world/level/chunk/LevelChunk;I)V in net/minecraft/server/level/ServerLevel [Serene Seasons Transformer]: Successfully patched tickChunk [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: net/minecraft/server/level/ServerLevel (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: @Mixin target net.minecraft.server.level.ServerLevel was not found botania_xplat.mixins.json:MixinServerLevel [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: net/minecraft/world/item/ItemStack (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: @Mixin target net.minecraft.world.item.ItemStack was not found quark.mixins.json:ItemStackMixin [Serene Seasons Transformer]: Transforming m_8714_ (Lnet/minecraft/world/level/chunk/LevelChunk;I)V in net/minecraft/server/level/ServerLevel [Serene Seasons Transformer]: Successfully patched tickChunk [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: net/minecraft/server/level/ServerLevel (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: @Mixin target net.minecraft.server.level.ServerLevel was not found enhancedcelestials.mixins.json:MixinServerWorld [Serene Seasons Transformer]: Transforming m_8714_ (Lnet/minecraft/world/level/chunk/LevelChunk;I)V in net/minecraft/server/level/ServerLevel [Serene Seasons Transformer]: Successfully patched tickChunk [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: net/minecraft/server/level/ServerLevel (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: @Mixin target net.minecraft.server.level.ServerLevel was not found byg.mixins.json:common.world.MixinServerLevel [Serene Seasons Transformer]: Transforming m_8714_ (Lnet/minecraft/world/level/chunk/LevelChunk;I)V in net/minecraft/server/level/ServerLevel [Serene Seasons Transformer]: Successfully patched tickChunk [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: net/minecraft/server/level/ServerLevel (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: @Mixin target net.minecraft.server.level.ServerLevel was not found create.mixins.json:accessor.ServerLevelAccessor [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/util/Map$Entry (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/util/Map$Entry (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/util/Map$Entry (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/util/Map$Entry (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) [00:49:34] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: Error loading class: java/util/concurrent/CompletableFuture (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 63) Exception in thread "main" org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.transformer.throwables.MixinTransformerError: An unexpected critical error was encountered         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/org.spongepowered.mixin/org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.transformer.MixinProcessor.applyMixins(MixinProcessor.java:392)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/org.spongepowered.mixin/org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.transformer.MixinTransformer.transformClass(MixinTransformer.java:250)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/org.spongepowered.mixin/org.spongepowered.asm.service.modlauncher.MixinTransformationHandler.processClass(MixinTransformationHandler.java:131)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/org.spongepowered.mixin/org.spongepowered.asm.launch.MixinLaunchPluginLegacy.processClass(MixinLaunchPluginLegacy.java:131)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@9.1.3/cpw.mods.modlauncher.serviceapi.ILaunchPluginService.processClassWithFlags(ILaunchPluginService.java:156)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@9.1.3/cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchPluginHandler.offerClassNodeToPlugins(LaunchPluginHandler.java:88)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@9.1.3/cpw.mods.modlauncher.ClassTransformer.transform(ClassTransformer.java:120)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@9.1.3/cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformingClassLoader.maybeTransformClassBytes(TransformingClassLoader.java:50)         at cpw.mods.securejarhandler@1.0.3/cpw.mods.cl.ModuleClassLoader.readerToClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:110)         at cpw.mods.securejarhandler@1.0.3/cpw.mods.cl.ModuleClassLoader.lambda$findClass$16(ModuleClassLoader.java:216)         at cpw.mods.securejarhandler@1.0.3/cpw.mods.cl.ModuleClassLoader.loadFromModule(ModuleClassLoader.java:226)         at cpw.mods.securejarhandler@1.0.3/cpw.mods.cl.ModuleClassLoader.findClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:216)         at cpw.mods.securejarhandler@1.0.3/cpw.mods.cl.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:132)         at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)         at java.base/java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)         at java.base/java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:3458)         at java.base/java.lang.Class.getMethodsRecursive(Class.java:3599)         at java.base/java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:3585)         at java.base/java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:2275)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/fmlloader@1.18.2-40.1.80/net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.targets.CommonServerLaunchHandler.lambda$launchService$0(CommonServerLaunchHandler.java:32)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@9.1.3/cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.launch(LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.java:37)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@9.1.3/cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:53)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@9.1.3/cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:71)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@9.1.3/cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:106)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@9.1.3/cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:77)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@9.1.3/cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:26)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/cpw.mods.modlauncher@9.1.3/cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:23)         at cpw.mods.bootstraplauncher@1.0.0/cpw.mods.bootstraplauncher.BootstrapLauncher.main(BootstrapLauncher.java:149) Caused by: org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.throwables.ClassMetadataNotFoundException: java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/org.spongepowered.mixin/org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.transformer.MixinPreProcessorStandard.transformMethod(MixinPreProcessorStandard.java:754)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/org.spongepowered.mixin/org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.transformer.MixinPreProcessorStandard.transform(MixinPreProcessorStandard.java:739)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/org.spongepowered.mixin/org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.transformer.MixinPreProcessorStandard.attach(MixinPreProcessorStandard.java:310)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/org.spongepowered.mixin/org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.transformer.MixinPreProcessorStandard.createContextFor(MixinPreProcessorStandard.java:280)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/org.spongepowered.mixin/org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.transformer.MixinInfo.createContextFor(MixinInfo.java:1288)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/org.spongepowered.mixin/org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.transformer.MixinApplicatorStandard.apply(MixinApplicatorStandard.java:292)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/org.spongepowered.mixin/org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.transformer.TargetClassContext.apply(TargetClassContext.java:383)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/org.spongepowered.mixin/org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.transformer.TargetClassContext.applyMixins(TargetClassContext.java:365)         at MC-BOOTSTRAP/org.spongepowered.mixin/org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.transformer.MixinProcessor.applyMixins(MixinProcessor.java:363)         ... 27 more C:\Users\bulls\Desktop\server>pause Press any key to continue . . .  
    • My Init Method is called in my main class, along with all of my other deferred registers.   My issue isn't so much that I'm unable to spawn the slime (Im not able too) but that the game CTDs after about 20 seconds of creating a new world, and instantly upon trying to enter it again.   I will try the entity renderer method tomorrow, and could you describe the methods of attaching the subscribing events? I've been working on this pretty much on my own, with very little guidance other than source code. So it would be very helpful
    • I'm going to take a guess and say you don't call your init method anywhere. If not, then you need to provide more context for your mod. Additionally, entity renderers must be registered through `EntityRenderersEvent$RegisterRenderers#registerEntityRenderer`. Also, stick to only one method of subscribing events to the mod bus. You should never use OnlyIn. This is an annotation specifically for internal use only by Forge.
    • If you are unable to download Forge through adfocus, you can get a direct install link by clicking Show All Versions, navigating to the information button next to the version, and clicking the direct install link. This should be used as a last resort, however, as Forge covers its required costs through adfocus.
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.