Weird Error With Semicolon

DashAhead

I'm going to do a wild guess and say that you have an error with

{ } 's

As you're not saying what error it lists, I can't be more specific than guessing at the error.

As you aren't showing code I can only guess as to the reason for the previously guessed error.

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

I'm going to do a wild guess and say that you have an error with

{ } 's

As you're not saying what error it lists, I can't be more specific than guessing at the error.

As you aren't showing code I can only guess as to the reason for the previously guessed error.

Well I fixed that but I caused another problem.

public static ItemAmethystPickaxe = new ItemAmethystPickaxe(Item.Ids.ITEMAMETHYSTPICKAXE_ID, AmethystToolMaterial);

The bold text is an error: Syntax Error: Variable declaratorid expected after this token.

Im not sure how to fix this

You don't have an identifier for that field

your code:

public static ItemAmethystPickaxe = ...

ItemAmethystPickaxe is the type, I can tell that by the constructor you're invoking. You need a name for the field too. Like maybe amethystPickaxe, or whatever you want.

edit: that's extremely basic Java by the way. Either it was a typo and you forgot about the identifier (it happens) or you should take a break from modding and grab an introductory book about the Java programming language

You don't have an identifier for that field

your code:

public static ItemAmethystPickaxe = ...

ItemAmethystPickaxe is the type, I can tell that by the constructor you're invoking. You need a name for the field too. Like maybe amethystPickaxe, or whatever you want.

Er, I'm not really good at this, so what exactly do I do? I sent you the code by the way.

basically what you need to do is make up a name for that field and put it just after the type

public static ItemAmethystPickaxe [b]amethystPickaxe[/b] = ... //the rest here stays the same

the word in bold is an identifier. Everything in your code needs one, otherwise how else would you refer to that piece of code again if it doesn't have a name. But suggest you to drop modding for just a few days and read as much as you can about java. Then when you grab the basics, start modding again. It will be a lot less confusing.

basically what you need to do is make up a name for that field and put it just after the type

public static ItemAmethystPickaxe [b]amethystPickaxe[/b] = ... //the rest here stays the same

the word in bold is an identifier. Everything in your code needs one, otherwise how else would you refer to that piece of code again if it doesn't have a name. But suggest you to drop modding for just a few days and read as much as you can about java. Then when you grab the basics, start modding again. It will be a lot less confusing.

Ok I fixed the problem BUT I have the semi colon problem again.

public static EnumToolMaterial AmethystToolMaterial = EnumHelper.addToolMaterial("AmethystToolMaterial", 2, 500, 6.0F, 6, 10);

AmethystPickaxe = new AmethystPickaxe(503, AmethystToolMaterial);

At the end of the first line the semicolon is an error, I am not sure why but I know it doesnt have to do with { }'s

EVERYTHING IS FIXED

It turns out it was a problem with the { }'s I added them and now it is fixed! :D

Good!

But here's some advise, or rather THE advise because this is the BEST advise anyone could give you:

[lmgtfy]learn java online[/lmgtfy]

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...