Adjust size of custom biome?

Mazetar

just a thought, not sure if its possible.  What if you generate your oasis like a structure would spawn or a ravine.  The only question then is it possible to set the x/z coordinates biome id/name in this process.  I've read over the generation and chunk provider code a million times still trying to figure it out and learn what it all does, but i could be wrong but i could have sworn I saw a way to set the biome id to the specified coordinates..

There's no way to change it after?

That would only make it be a specific biome per definition (things that only spawn in that biome can spawn there etc.) but the terrain is already generated so it won't look like the other biome.

If I change Ocean biome to desert, it will still be deep sea water every where and little to no sand and no cacti :P But the F3 screen will correctly display current biome as "desert"

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

There's no way to change it after?

That would only make it be a specific biome per definition (things that only spawn in that biome can spawn there etc.) but the terrain is already generated so it won't look like the other biome.

If I change Ocean biome to desert, it will still be deep sea water every where and little to no sand and no cacti :P But the F3 screen will correctly display current biome as "desert"

Right, that's why I suggested spawning the biome in a similar way that the ravines and caves are generated.  Say he wants to spawn his oasis in the desert, he created a MapGenOasis file that would generate say a circularish area with grass and trees or what have you, and in that method set that areas biome name

Okay so I decided to play around with this, and I figured I'd better start by learning wtf these things really look like.

So I started by commenting out everything except this line inside of initializeAllBiomeGenerators:

GenLayerIsland genlayerisland = new GenLayerIsland(1L);

And made the return be an array of 3 like it used to, but only passing the genlayerisland for all 3.

I guess I should add the zoom as well, but I assume that is stretching it.

I will be adding more and more to see how it changes.

I see there are many layers and much stuff going on here, I guess I should see if I can remove the water and the other stuff as well so I can see how it looks like before all that is added as well :)

Heres how it looks like with only genlayerisland:

http://snag.gy/eV3Ew.jpg

After adding the fuzzyZoom it looked like this (same seed):

http://snag.gy/H1MFy.jpg

This is interesting although I feel I'm starting to high up.

I assume I need to go remove some other methods to prevent the water level from raising and stuff.

This is quite interesting to play around with indeed :)

Right, that's why I suggested spawning the biome in a similar way that the ravines and caves are generated.  Say he wants to spawn his oasis in the desert, he created a MapGenOasis file that would generate say a circularish area with grass and trees or what have you, and in that method set that areas biome name

That sounds like a much simpler idea, I will look into how MapGen files work as well.

I'm a total beginner at worldgen and I must admit that all the files look quite nasty and scary to me with obfuscated names and a lot of numbers being calculated. I'll start looking into MapGenRavine and see if I can figure out how it works :)