Reset all player stat when servers start

3mptysl

Im using this but doesnt work

@SubscribeEvent
    public static void serverStart(ServerStartedEvent event) {
        MinecraftServer server = event.getServer();
        Stat<ResourceLocation> stat = Stats.CUSTOM.get(StatsInit.MY_PLAY_TIME.get());
        server.getPlayerList().getPlayers().forEach(serverPlayer -> serverPlayer.resetStat(stat));
    }

I need to ban a person when they have played 6 hours in a day and when the day is over, reset the time played so that they can play again. I have done it through a stats timeplayed when it reaches 6h it bans you and resets your time played but I don't know how to make it unban you when the day is over and also if you haven't been banned I reset your stat

Subscribe to ServerTickEvent, in the Event you need to check the Time, you can get it from LocalTime#now.
Then check if the hour is 0 and if the second is 0, if this is the case clear the banned Players.

Note 1: Checking the second could lead problems if the server is laggy.
Note 2: You should not forget to reset the played time of all Players.

To answer the original question.

Try something like this **untested** code in your server starting event:

MinecraftServer server = event.getServer();
        File statsDir = server.getWorldPath(LevelResource.PLAYER_STATS_DIR).toFile();

// Needs an access transformer
        PlayerDataStorage storage = server.playerDataStorage;

// For each player with an entry in the playerdata folder
        String[] uuids = storage.getSeenPlayers();
        for (String uuid : uuids) {

// Load, change and save the stats
            File playerStats = new File(statsDir, uuid + ".json");
            ServerStatsCounter stats = new ServerStatsCounter(server, playerStats);
            // YOUR CODE HERE
            stats.save();
        }

As it says, you will need an access transformer to make the playerDataStorage field in MinecraftServer public.

https://forge.gemwire.uk/wiki/Access_Transformers

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

I don't know how to use accesstransformers, I have put this in my accesstransformer.cfg:

public net.minecraft.world.level.storage.PlayerDataStorage <init>(Lnet/minecraft/world/level/storage/LevelStorageSource$LevelStorageAccess;Lcom/mojang/datafixers/DataFixer;)V # PlayerDataStorage

but I still don't know what I should do since the server.playerDataStorage doesn't exist idk. what i need to put in accesstranformer.cfg? and how do i get playerDataStorage?

You changed the **constructor** of PlayerDataStorage to public.

You want to change the playerDataStorage field of MinecraftServer.

The link I posted above shows an example of changing a field:

# Makes protected the 'COLOR_WHITE' field in Gui

protected net.minecraft.client.gui.Gui f_168667_ # COLOR_WHITE

So you need know what forge calls your field

There is probably a more efficient way to do this, but this is how I do it:

1) Look at Mojang's deobfuscation mapping to see what they call field:

https://piston-data.mojang.com/v1/objects/8e8c9be5dc27802caba47053d4fdea328f7f89bd/client.txt

With some searching you will find:

net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer -> net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer: 

net.minecraft.world.level.storage.PlayerDataStorage playerDataStorage -> i

This tells you Mojang call the field "i"

Now you need to find out what forge calls it:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MinecraftForge/MCPConfig/master/versions/release/1.19.2/joined.tsrg

and again some searching is required

net/minecraft/server/MinecraftServer net/minecraft/src/C_4977_ 4977

i f_129745_ 129745

Now you have all the information you need:

public net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer f_129745_ # playerDataStorage

Double check my logic is correct, I haven't tested this.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

1 hour ago, warjort said:

There is probably a more efficient way to do this, but this is how I do it:

You should use the Forge Bot on the Forge Discord server.
Command:

!moj <class_name>.<field_name> <version> // The version is optional if you use the latest version (currently 1.19.2)

Use the command in #bot-commands channel

No, you don't create the player, that will cause all kinds of issues.

You update the ServerStatsCounter directly. e.g. the equivalent of your player.resetStat(stat) is

stats.setValue(null, stat, 0);

Although setValue() takes a player as the first parameter, you can see in the code it doesn't actually use it. So you can pass "null".

The idea of using the ServerStatsCounter to update the value is so you don't have worry about the correct handling of the json format.

Boilerplate:

Is that a serious question? Did you even look at that class?

Boilerplate:

Yes idk. i look TickEvent.ServerTickEvent class and i didnt see how i take MinecraftServer, because if i use WorldTickEvent i can take server with event.world.getServer()

maybe i'm tired and i don't see it.

Edited by 3mptysl

I suspect the @warjortthought that you are using 1.19 since in 1.19 there is ServerTickEvent#getServer.

Correct.

It was also frustration at having to "spoon feed" every single line of code to the original poster.

I am not sure how much of this feature they have actually written for themselves. 🙂

Edited by warjort

Boilerplate: