Forge starts without issues, but mods don't work

raditz

hi everyone,

I downloaded and installed (win10) Forge for MC 1.9.2. I also installed the 'client' version for my MC client. When I start the Forge server, this is the log I get (notice I can log in and leave the instance without trouble, it's on localhost).

https://pastebin.com/CHm0Ze4Y

However, the mods are not loaded. If I add "quickhomes-1.19-1.3.0-forge.jar", the server hangs up on connection as there's some error in the mod (i.e. it seems it tries to load and use it).

f I remove that one errorous mod, yet leave there the rest, namely:

deathfinder-v4.1.0-1.19.2-forge.jar
dimensionteleport-1.19.2-2.0.1.jar
puzzleslib-v4.2.4-1.19.2-forge.jar
quickspawns-1.19-1.0.3-forge.jar

The server starts up and connection is fine (see above pastebin log), however, it doesn't seem any of the mods are loaded. I tried to initiate a teleport with /tpd, it doesn't recognize that (it's a "Dimension Teleport" command), acts like I entered "/theresnosuchcommand".

Could you advice?

Thanks!

Edited by raditz

Make sure the Mods you have installed are .jar files, since Forge does not detect any Mods.
In your case i would guess your the Mods are .zip files. Make sure you have file extension enabled, remove the .zip ending from the Mod files.

If the files do not end with .zip please post a screenshot of your Mods folder.

No, files are jars. I downloaded them from curseforge (see file names listed above). On the side:

"A JAR file is essentially a zip file that contains an optional META-INF directory."

Here's the contents:

jarfiles.png

Note I have a copy in the client folder, "D:\games\minecraft\mods", as well as in the server folder: "D:\games\minecraft\_serverForge\mods".

Edited by raditz

I can see your mod getting loaded: 

[30Aug2022 13:46:34.975] [main/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.ModFileInfo/LOADING]: Found valid mod file DimensionTeleport-1.19.2-2.0.1.jar with {dimensionteleport} mods - versions {2.0.1}

This says you either need to have cheat mode (or op for a server) to use the command.

https://github.com/GeheimagentNr1/DimensionTeleport/blob/745206adf2b749d27d50664cb181224a6fe59595/src/main/java/de/geheimagentnr1/dimensionteleport/elements/commands/dimension_teleport/DimensionTeleportCommand.java#L40

Edited by warjort
  • Thanks 1

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

@warjort

ergh. how can I do that on a local server? googled how op on forge but didn't help, in game I need to be an op I guess, which (I also guess) I am not if /tpd needs it and it doesn't work for me.

also, if one is not op shouldn't it "block" the execution but the command is visible?

thanks!

5 minutes ago, raditz said:

ergh. how can I do that on a local server?

In Singleplayer open the World in lan with with cheats, on a dedicated server use the /op <name> command on the console

5 minutes ago, raditz said:

also, if one is not op shouldn't it "block" the execution but the command is visible?

If the full command requires op permission level than the command is not visible for non op player, you can not execute the command.
If only a part of a command requires op permission level, then the other non op part of the command is shown.

Edited by Luis_ST
  • Thanks 1

Oh boy... Silly me... It was that /op command indeed, otherwise the full feature is hidden! I thought it gives an 'access denied' on lack of permission, but it goes sneaky-beaky instead. My my! :)

One last question: adding myself as OP is permanent? Couldn't find the json or such where it was saved after I did so. If not, what's the command to save this and make myself a permanent OP?

Thanks!