[Solved][Noob mistake]Eclipse saving NBT Tags between debug sessions

MineHippie

While playing around with NBT Stack Tag information I noticed the stack tag doesn't seem to save between debuggin sessions.

The simple item I made just counts how many times the player right clicks while it is equipped. It saves the information to the NBTTagCompound.setInteger function. It seems to work, and was a good learning experience. Now if I run the debug in Eclipse, Minecraft runs fine and the item does as it is suppose to.

If I "Save and Quit to Title" but don't end the session the item remembers the amount of clicks if I load the world again. But if I quit the debug all together the amount of clicks is forgotten, and starts from one when starting a new session of the debug.

So my question is, is that normal? Or did I save the NBT information incorrectly? Does Eclipse only save world information and not NBT info? I think it is saving client side. Should it be server side? Or does that matter?

Thanks.

Well I tried putting in a if(World.isRemote) line to see if it was a server issue. Doesn't seem to be. Here is the original code that works, except for the whole saving thing.

int ClickId;

@Override
public ItemStack onItemRightClick(ItemStack par1ItemStack, World par2World, EntityPlayer par3EntityPlayer)
    {
	if(par1ItemStack.stackTagCompound == null)
	{
		par1ItemStack.stackTagCompound = new NBTTagCompound();
	}

if(!par2World.isRemote)
	{
		par1ItemStack.stackTagCompound.setInteger("ClickCount", this.ClickId);
	        this.ClickId++;
	        par3EntityPlayer.addChatMessage("The count of right clicks is " + this.ClickId);
	}
        return par1ItemStack;
    }

If it's a eclipse issue that is really troubling. I'll have to re-obf just to test any further changes. :'(

Thanks a bunch. Cause of your post I realized the mistake. It was a noob JAVA mistake. I was inadvertently resetting the count to 0 with each session. Here's the revised code for other noobs to learn from.

@Override
public ItemStack onItemRightClick(ItemStack par1, World par2World, EntityPlayer par3EntityPlayer)
    {
	if(par1.stackTagCompound == null)
	{
		par1.stackTagCompound = new NBTTagCompound();
	}

if(!par2World.isRemote)
	{
		int ClickId = par1.stackTagCompound.getInteger("ClickCount");
		ClickId++;
		par1.stackTagCompound.setInteger("ClickCount", ClickId);
		par3EntityPlayer.addChatMessage("The count of right clicks is " + ClickId);
	}
        return par1;
    }

Thanks again for the patience with a java noob.