[1.19.2] Custom conditions linked with player capability

Lior Hassin

I am working on an rpg mod with weapon leveling system.

Saving the data for the weapon levels on the player as player capabilities(PlayerKnife/PlayerBroadsword files).

The idea is that for warrior you have a starter knife as starting weapon.

when you reach level 10 with the knife(max level) you will unlock recipe to craft broadsword which is the second tier for the warrior class.

I want to find a way to block the user from crafting and using the weapon(broadsword) until he reach level 10 with the knife.

I was thinking about creating a custom condition that can be implemented to the json file(for the recipe) which pulls the player capability data(knife level).

And for the usability of the weapon I was thinking about creating the weapon as custom item and block the usability of the item/change the action.

Searched all over the internet, most of the related topics show solutions with outdated tools/implementations.

Github repository https://github.com/liorhassin/RPG-Mod

Thanks in advance.

Any recommendation on how to start the separate block code?

Where to place the block code and how to import/pull all player data so I can use the capability as requirement for a recipe?

Sorry for the questions I am new to modding, this is my first go.

and thank you for the answer!

Edited by Lior Hassin

21 hours ago, Lior Hassin said:

Any recommendation on how to start the separate block code?

Look at `WorkbenchBlock` and `CraftingMenu` from vanilla. From there, you just need make it possible for the recipe to access the player. If you know some code inspection, it should be simple. From there, come back once you reach a brick in your coding. It's much easier to work from some midpoint so that we can clarify and explain where to go from there instead of teaching from scratch.

On 9/15/2022 at 7:49 PM, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Look at `WorkbenchBlock` and `CraftingMenu` from vanilla. From there, you just need make it possible for the recipe to access the player. If you know some code inspection, it should be simple. From there, come back once you reach a brick in your coding. It's much easier to work from some midpoint so that we can clarify and explain where to go from there instead of teaching from scratch.

Alright yeah most of the code that I was able to pull out while practicing on this first mod was either guides or inspecting the Minecraft code. I will get to work and If I will get stuck I will replay to your comment again. Thanks a lot for the help!