How to Get What Block the Player is Looking at

Noxxous

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

On 9/23/2022 at 10:02 AM, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Use `Entity#pick`. Supply the scale that should be applied to the view vector, the partial tick (which is 1.0 on the server), and whether it should look for fluids.

Sorry for my ignorance but I don't get the autocomplete and I'm not entirely sure how to do it

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Im trying to host a minecraft server using the curseforge serverpack from FTB Direwolf20 and when I try to start the server I run into an error The Error: Starting server A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)         at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:43)         at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12) Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/Level         at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)         at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)         ... 6 more Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.logging.log4j.Level         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)         ... 8 more   I'have tried deleting and downloading the newset version of java wich didnt work and now im using an older version which is the 1.7.0_80 Here is what my Server folder looks like: https://ibb.co/jkbfRY7 Here is what the ServerStart.bat file looks like: @if NOT "%FTB_VERBOSE%"=="yes" ( @echo off ) call settings.bat if NOT EXIST minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar ( goto install ) if NOT EXIST libraries\%LAUNCHWRAPPER% ( goto install ) goto skipinstall :install echo running install script! call FTBInstall.bat :skipinstall REM Check if java in path REM TODO: use %JAVACMD% where java > NUL 2>&1 if %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ( echo No java binary in path. Can't run server, exiting... pause exit /B ) REM Test JVM REM e.g. 32-bit JVM does not have server\jvm.dll library java -server -version > java-test.log 2>&1 if %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ( echo Detected following JVM error: echo ======================================= more java-test.log echo ======================================= echo JVM test failed. Can't run server, Exiting... pause exit /B ) if not exist eula.txt ( echo Missing eula.txt. Startup will fail and eula.txt will be created echo Make sure to read eula.txt before playing! goto startserver ) find "eula=false" eula.txt 1 > NUL 2>&1 if %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 ( echo Make sure to read eula.txt before playing! Exiting. pause exit /B ) del /f /q autostart.stamp > nul 2>1 :startserver echo Starting server java -server -Xms512M -Xmx2048M -XX:PermSize=256M -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=5 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=10 -jar FTBServer-1.7.10-1558.jar nogui :server_loop if exist autostart.stamp ( del /f /q autostart.stamp > nul 2>1 echo If you want to completely stop the server process now, press Ctrl+C before the time is up! for /l %%i in (5,-1,1) do ( echo Restarting server in %%i choice /t 1 /d y > nul ) echo Starting server now java -server -Xms512M -Xmx2048M -XX:PermSize=256M -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=5 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=10 -jar FTBServer-1.7.10-1558.jar nogui echo Server process finished goto :server_loop ) echo Exiting... pause  
    • Made a modpack (Well Rounded Blockheads, in case the modlist on curseforge helps) and server to host it, worked fine until last night. The issue that pops up after some days being up/working is when you leave a world (singleplayer) or shutdown a server, the process hangs and jumps to 8.5gb ram used, eats up CPU usage (50-60% in taskman on a 3800x) and just sits there. If done on a single player world, the game doesnt fully crash, (e.g. if you alt+f4 buttons like save and quit, options stay in the window, are still clickable but they do nothing) Saving seems to still happen, as location/inventory updates if I restart server or client and play the world again.   If I start the currently afflicted server but dont login the server closes properly, its only once I log back in the problem occurs. Its a priv server and I dont have anyone else to test atm so Idk if its a prob with my player or players/area in general. Only recent changes in game are the additions of a pnuematicraft pressure chamber, an enchanting table, and bookshelves from builders crafts and additions.... I've been trying to get help on this all day, so ANY assistance goes a long way, even if its a way to debug this myself >~< Debug/Latest logs
    • Thanks warjort. I was afraid, that this is because they are entities. Now I know where to dig. But what about water, for example? I have checked via debug code, that there is no entity there (appropriate method return null). What is wrong with liquids?
    • After attempting to run it again today, the debug.log is still showing the same file, so it definitely isn't updating.
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.