3D Armor Models

sorash67

I know this has been asked many times before, because i've looked at every single topic relating to this! However after trying many things, i failed to get it working! I would provide any code if i had anything relevant that could lead to something, but i really dont think i got far! I've looked at the source for MachineMuse's mod, but its too complicated and i couldnt take much from it! i've also seen LexManos' comment on "getArmorModel()" in Item.class but messed around with that and nothing! Just to make sure it even works, i assigned the model and render classes to an item and it works fine! however when equipped as armor, it manages to not work! Any suggestions would be absolutely appreciated!

-sorash67 || Skorpio

Using the Something or other render event, you can render the model onto the player.

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

Umm, i'll try?

There is a rendering event that allows you to render models onto the player. Using this event, you render your models onto the player.

I just can't remember the name of the render event....

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

I would say you are right xD And I also couldn't see it on that list, sorry. I also know someone had made a topic for this awhile ago... There were a few if I recall correctly. One was a tutorials type thing, another was questions about it. Try finding those :)

hehe seen every single one of them as i said in the OP! :P the tutorial one explained very little! i did try using his method and went a little further, but it doesnt load properly on the player, even though it does as an item with special render in the hand! :/

thanks anyways! :)

-sorash67 || Skorpio

hehe seen every single one of them as i said in the OP! :P the tutorial one explained very little! i did try using his method and went a little further, but it doesnt load properly on the player, even though it does as an item with special render in the hand! :/

thanks anyways! :)

-sorash67 || Skorpio

Lol, sometimes I read to fast and don't get all the information I need xD Sorry about that!

As for the actual rendering... I will look into it. I do know it can be done, because with a mod I am working with, we are rendering shields and wings and hats etc. on the player. I will look into the events and such that are being used and get back to you on this!

( Why didn't I think of this earlier??? Oh yeah... right... I had to fix up the natives first xD )

Well, I have found it! I don't really understand it very much though... :P I actually won't attempt to give you the code though, I will contact hydroflame and get him to explain this one, it will help a lot more.