[1.19.2] How to render a custom tooltip text box

SoLegendary

I'm looking to render a tooltip text box like the one you get for hovering over items, eg:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrp04MmeI3oVcvr-y3prl

I know the basics of rendering including usage of poseStack in render events, but I just don't know where I can find a class method that can do this.

I'm also hoping said function includes text formatting (bold, italics, colour, etc.) and (if possible) multiline text wrapping but if I have to write that myself any tips for it would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, SoLegendary said:

I'm looking to render a tooltip text box like the one you get for hovering over items

Screen#renderTooltip

I'm also hoping said function includes text formatting (bold, italics, colour, etc.)

Set the style on the passed in components.

(if possible) multiline text wrapping

In the method mentioned first.

On 10/20/2022 at 12:52 AM, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Screen#renderTooltip

Set the style on the passed in components.

In the method mentioned first.

Ok cool, I got it working now.

One other feature I would like is rendering icons on the box, inline if possible. Unicode sounds like the most compatible solution but barring that if I could at least get the coordinates that the tooltip box corners are rendered at so I can just blit my own graphics that'd work too.

On 10/20/2022 at 7:18 PM, SoLegendary said:

One other feature I would like is rendering icons on the box, inline if possible. Unicode sounds like the most compatible solution but barring that if I could at least get the coordinates that the tooltip box corners are rendered at so I can just blit my own graphics that'd work too.

Try it an see, they both sound like plausible solutions. The latter may be better since unicode may not be translated across languages.