[Solved] Help with Custom registry using dispatch() and dataPackRegistry()

ClubPT

I know I'm almost there, but I'm just not grasping something in the way custom registries work.  I'm following the steps outlined in the gemwire wiki:

To create a dispatch codec for a Thing class, the following steps can be performed:

1. Create a Thing abstract class class and ThingType interface. The ThingType interface should have a method that supplies a Codec<Thing>, while Thing subclasses must define a method that supplies a ThingType.

2. Create a map or registry of ThingTypes, and register a ThingType for each sub-codec we want to have.

3. Create a Codec<ThingType>, or have the ThingType registry implement Codec.

4. Create our Codec<Thing> master codec by invoking Codec#dispatch on our ThingType codec. This method's arguments are:

A field name for the ID of the sub-codec (the example json below is using "type")

A function to retrieve a ThingType from a Thing

A function to retrieve a Codec<Thing> from a ThingType

I have a collection of classes that implement "GeneType" that can be instantiated multiple times as instances that extend the class "Gene".  I've created the DeferredRegister of GeneTypes, I need the datapack directory of gene configurations read in and an entry placed in the Gene registry for each file in the directory.  The end goal is to create my own GeneType and Genes and allow other modders to create GeneTypes and datapack designers to create their own Genes.

I'm stuck on #3 in the wiki instructions.  I've looked at the Forge BiomeModifiers registry, and the RecipeManger (both similar in concept to what I'm trying to do) but they don't implement exactly what I need. 

Here's what I have so far, Registry definitions:

public static final DeferredRegister<GeneType> GENE_TYPES = DeferredRegister.create(GeneticsRebirthAPI.GENE_TYPE_REGISTRY_NAME, GeneticsRebirth.MODID);
	public static final Supplier<IForgeRegistry<GeneType>> GENE_TYPE_REGISTRY = GENE_TYPES.makeRegistry(RegistryBuilder::new);

public static final RegistryObject<GeneType> DROP =  GENE_TYPES.register("drop", DropGeneType::new);

public static final DeferredRegister<Gene> GENES = DeferredRegister.create(GeneticsRebirthAPI.GENE_REGISTRY_NAME, GeneticsRebirth.MODID);
	public static final Supplier<IForgeRegistry<Gene>> GENE_REGISTRY = GENES.makeRegistry(() -> new RegistryBuilder<Gene>().disableSaving().dataPackRegistry(/*something needs to go here*/));

First GeneType:

public class DropGeneType implements GeneType {
	public static final Codec<DropGene> CODEC = RecordCodecBuilder.create((in) -> in.group(
			BlockState.CODEC.fieldOf("source").forGetter(DropGene::source)
		).apply(in, DropGene::new));

@Override
	public List<GeneEvents> needsEvents() {
		return List.of(GeneEvents.LOOT_DROP);
	}

@Override
	public Codec<? extends Gene> codec() {
		return CODEC;
	}

public record DropGeneLevel() implements GeneLevel {

}

public record DropGene(BlockState source) implements Gene {

@Override
		public Supplier<GeneType> type() {
			return GeneRegistry.DROP;
		}
	}
}

Can someone guide me on coding steps 3 and 4? Specifically:

1. How do I have the GeneType registry implement Codec?
  2. What codec do I pass to dataPackRegistry() 
  3. Since DataPacks can be reloaded do I need to do anything special? or does the forge registry system handle all the reloading?

I found two examples of using dispatch().. and they are vastly different, and I'm not sure when I need the "Lazy protections" and when I don't.

public static final Codec<ParticleOptions> CODEC = Registry.PARTICLE_TYPE.byNameCodec().dispatch("type", ParticleOptions::getType, ParticleType::codec);

Codec<BiomeModifier> DIRECT_CODEC = ExtraCodecs.lazyInitializedCodec(() -> ForgeRegistries.BIOME_MODIFIER_SERIALIZERS.get().getCodec())
  .dispatch(BiomeModifier::codec, Function.identity());

Thanks for your help.

-pete

Edited by ClubPT
solved

11 hours ago, ClubPT said:

How do I have the GeneType registry implement Codec?

Forge registries already have an attached codec which you can get via IForgeRegistry#getCodec. You should have the codec be lazily initialized as the forge registry won't exist until after the gather phase, and you shouldn't need the codec until then. This can be done using ExtraCodecs#lazyInitializedCodec if you don't want to make the codec field itself lazy.

What codec do I pass to dataPackRegistry() 

The codec that creates the gene. First, you get the codec for the GeneType using the method above. Then you create the dispatch codec. The first parameter would be how to get the GeneType from the Gene. The second parameter would be how to get the codec for the GeneType itself.

Since DataPacks can be reloaded do I need to do anything special? or does the forge registry system handle all the reloading?

Forge handles this itself. You don't need to do anything special.

I found two examples of using dispatch().. and they are vastly different

Not really, they are doing the same thing. The major difference is that one has the type as a generic class while the other makes the type a direct codec. The advantage of the direct codec allows the identity function to be passed in as the second parameter as the type is literally the codec rather than a field stored in the type. The first parameter in the particle options simply specifies the name of the key used to differentiate how to deserialize the data:

{

"type": "<type_registry_name>"

// Deserialize Data here

}

and I'm not sure when I need the "Lazy protections" and when I don't.

You'll always need to use lazy protections if the codec itself is not lazy as registries, as mentioned above, are created during the gather phase. That is why the IForgeRegistry when made is in a supplier since it hasn't been created yet.

Thank you, that clears it up for me.  I ended up with this setup:

public static final DeferredRegister<GeneType> GENE_TYPES = DeferredRegister.create(GeneticsRebirthAPI.GENE_TYPE_REGISTRY_NAME, GeneticsRebirth.MODID);
	public static final Supplier<IForgeRegistry<GeneType>> GENE_TYPE_REGISTRY = GENE_TYPES.makeRegistry(RegistryBuilder::new);

public static final RegistryObject<GeneType> DROP =  GENE_TYPES.register("drop", DropGeneType::new);

public static final Supplier<Codec<Gene>> GENE_CODEC = () -> GENE_TYPE_REGISTRY.get().getCodec().dispatch("gene", Gene::type, GeneType::codec);

public static final DeferredRegister<Gene> GENES = DeferredRegister.create(GeneticsRebirthAPI.GENE_REGISTRY_NAME, GeneticsRebirth.MODID);
	public static final Supplier<IForgeRegistry<Gene>> GENE_REGISTRY = GENES.makeRegistry(() -> new RegistryBuilder<Gene>().disableSaving().dataPackRegistry(GENE_CODEC.get()));

• ClubPT changed the title to [Solved] Help with Custom registry using dispatch() and dataPackRegistry()

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • I'm trying to play Minecraft 1.20.4 on Forge using mods, but when Minecraft loads, it says there are non-Forge mods, whereas they are Forge mods. This problem is happening in Forge version 1.20.4 - 49.0.46. I am only able to play with all mods in Forge version 1.20.4 - 49.0.43.
    • I had the same issue. The only thing I could do is to remove parchment mappings entirely from config files and replace config files from the MDK: 1. replace build.gradle from MDK 2. restore official mapping in build.properties 3. replace src\main\resources\META-INF\mods.toml from MDK sample.
    • ---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- I sent a error report i just cant understand it, the game as been running fine intill today i loaded it https://pastebin.com/gWVFh4Fe   WARNING: coremods are present:   ForgelinPlugin (Forgelin-1.8.3.jar)   PatchingFixRtmCorePlugin (fixRtm-2.0.28.jar)   IELoadingPlugin (ImmersiveEngineering-core-0.12-98.jar)   FixRtmCorePlugin (fixRtm-2.0.28.jar)   JarInJarLoaderCoreMod (fixRtm-2.0.28.jar)   BetterFoliageLoader (BetterFoliage-MC1.12-2.3.2.jar)   SecurityCraftLoadingPlugin ([1.12.2] SecurityCraft v1.9.9.jar)   OpenModsCorePlugin (OpenModsLib-1.12.2-0.12.2.jar)   MalisisCorePlugin (MalisisCore-1.12.2.jar)   ObfuscatePlugin (obfuscate-0.4.2-1.12.2.jar)   CTMCorePlugin (CTM-MC1.12.2-1.0.2.31.jar)   HookingFixRtmCorePlugin (fixRtm-2.0.28.jar) Contact their authors BEFORE contacting forge // Hey, that tickles! Hehehe! Time: 4/19/24 4:05 PM Description: Updating screen events java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to check session lock, aborting     at net.minecraft.world.storage.SaveHandler.func_75766_h(SaveHandler.java:76)     at net.minecraft.world.storage.SaveHandler.<init>(SaveHandler.java:54)     at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilSaveHandler.<init>(AnvilSaveHandler.java:18)     at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilSaveConverter.func_75804_a(SourceFile:84)     at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71371_a(Minecraft.java:2346)     at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.tryLoadExistingWorld(FMLClientHandler.java:734)     at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiListWorldSelectionEntry.func_186777_e(GuiListWorldSelectionEntry.java:249)     at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiListWorldSelectionEntry.func_186774_a(GuiListWorldSelectionEntry.java:199)     at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiListWorldSelectionEntry.func_148278_a(GuiListWorldSelectionEntry.java:163)     at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiListExtended.func_148179_a(SourceFile:41)     at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiWorldSelection.func_73864_a(SourceFile:117)     at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146274_d(GuiScreen.java:533)     at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiWorldSelection.func_146274_d(SourceFile:49)     at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146269_k(GuiScreen.java:501)     at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1759)     at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:1098)     at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:398)     at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:123)     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)     at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)     at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Head -- Thread: Client thread Stacktrace:     at net.minecraft.world.storage.SaveHandler.func_75766_h(SaveHandler.java:76)     at net.minecraft.world.storage.SaveHandler.<init>(SaveHandler.java:54)     at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilSaveHandler.<init>(AnvilSaveHandler.java:18)     at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilSaveConverter.func_75804_a(SourceFile:84)     at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71371_a(Minecraft.java:2346)     at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.tryLoadExistingWorld(FMLClientHandler.java:734)     at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiListWorldSelectionEntry.func_186777_e(GuiListWorldSelectionEntry.java:249)     at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiListWorldSelectionEntry.func_186774_a(GuiListWorldSelectionEntry.java:199)     at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiListWorldSelectionEntry.func_148278_a(GuiListWorldSelectionEntry.java:163)     at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiListExtended.func_148179_a(SourceFile:41)     at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiWorldSelection.func_73864_a(SourceFile:117)     at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146274_d(GuiScreen.java:533)     at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiWorldSelection.func_146274_d(SourceFile:49)     at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146269_k(GuiScreen.java:501) -- Affected screen -- Details:     Screen name: net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiWorldSelection Stacktrace:     at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1759)     at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:1098)     at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:398)     at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:123)     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)     at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)     at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) -- System Details -- Details:     Minecraft Version: 1.12.2     Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0     Java Version: 1.8.0_51, Oracle Corporation     Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation     Memory: 5013709368 bytes (4781 MB) / 11274289152 bytes (10752 MB) up to 12884901888 bytes (12288 MB)     JVM Flags: 8 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx12G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M     IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0     FML: MCP 9.42 Powered by Forge 14.23.5.2859 Optifine OptiFine_1.12.2_HD_U_G5 99 mods loaded, 99 mods active     States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored     | State  | ID                          | Version               | Source                                            | Signature                                |     |:------ |:--------------------------- |:--------------------- |:------------------------------------------------- |:---------------------------------------- |     | LCHIJA | minecraft                   | 1.12.2                | minecraft.jar                                     | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | mcp                         | 9.42                  | minecraft.jar                                     | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | FML                         | 8.0.99.99             | forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2859.jar                     | e3c3d50c7c986df74c645c0ac54639741c90a557 |     | LCHIJA | forge                       | 14.23.5.2859          | forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2859.jar                     | e3c3d50c7c986df74c645c0ac54639741c90a557 |     | LCHIJA | openmodscore                | 0.12.2                | minecraft.jar                                     | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | obfuscate                   | 0.4.2                 | minecraft.jar                                     | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | securitycraft               | v1.9.9                | [1.12.2] SecurityCraft v1.9.9.jar                 | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | mts                         | 22.14.2               | Immersive Vehicles-1.12.2-22.14.2.jar             | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | mtsaircooled                | 1.0.1                 | Air-Cooled Pack [MTS] 1.10.2-14.0.0-1.0.1.jar     | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | codechickenlib              | 3.2.3.358             | CodeChickenLib-1.12.2-3.2.3.358-universal.jar     | f1850c39b2516232a2108a7bd84d1cb5df93b261 |     | LCHIJA | ancientwarfare              | 1.12.2-2.7.0.1038     | ancientwarfare-1.12.2-2.7.0.1038.jar              | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | redstoneflux                | 2.1.1                 | RedstoneFlux-1.12-2.1.1.1-universal.jar           | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | ancientwarfareautomation    | 1.12.2-2.7.0.1038     | ancientwarfare-1.12.2-2.7.0.1038.jar              | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | ancientwarfarenpc           | 1.12.2-2.7.0.1038     | ancientwarfare-1.12.2-2.7.0.1038.jar              | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | ancientwarfarestructure     | 1.12.2-2.7.0.1038     | ancientwarfare-1.12.2-2.7.0.1038.jar              | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | ancientwarfarevehicle       | 1.12.2-2.7.0.1038     | ancientwarfare-1.12.2-2.7.0.1038.jar              | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | craftstudioapi              | 1.0.0                 | CraftStudio-1.0.0.93-mc1.12-alpha.jar             | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | animania                    | 2.0.3.28              | animania-1.12.2-base-2.0.3.28.jar                 | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | architecturecraft           | @VERSION@             | architecturecraft-1.12-3.108.jar                  | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | betteranimationscollection2 | 1.0.2                 | BetterAnimationsCollection2-v1.0.2-1.12.2.jar     | 12d137bcc36051a1c2c8ea7211cfc1da1c6e9dea |     | LCHIJA | forgelin                    | 1.8.3                 | Forgelin-1.8.3.jar                                | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | betterfoliage               | 2.3.1                 | BetterFoliage-MC1.12-2.3.2.jar                    | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | bibliocraft                 | 2.4.6                 | BiblioCraft[v2.4.6][MC1.12.2].jar                 | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | biomestaff                  | 1.0.0                 | BiomeStaff-1.12.2-1.0.0.jar                       | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | blockcraftery               | 1.12.2-1.3.1          | blockcraftery-1.12.2-1.3.1.jar                    | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | bookshelf                   | 2.3.590               | Bookshelf-1.12.2-2.3.590.jar                      | d476d1b22b218a10d845928d1665d45fce301b27 |     | LCHIJA | bookworm                    | 1.12.2-2.5.2.1        | Bookworm-Library-Mod-1.12.2.jar                   | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | brandonscore                | 2.4.20                | BrandonsCore-1.12.2-2.4.20.162-universal.jar      | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | bspkrscore                  | 8.0.0                 | BspkrsCore-1.12.2.jar                             | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | carpentersblocks            | 3.4.0-poc.6           | Carpenters-Blocks-v3.4.0-poc.6-MC-1.12.2.jar      | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | ctm                         | MC1.12.2-1.0.2.31     | CTM-MC1.12.2-1.0.2.31.jar                         | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | jei                         | 4.16.1.1012           | jei_1.12.2-4.16.1.1012.jar                        | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | chisel                      | MC1.12.2-1.0.2.45     | Chisel-Mod-1.12.2.jar                             | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | chiselsandbits              | 14.33                 | chiselsandbits-14.33.jar                          | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | customspawner               | 3.11.4                | CustomMobSpawner-3.11.5.jar                       | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | customsignposts             | 1.0                   | customsignposts-1.12.2-1.0.1.jar                  | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | ptrmodellib                 | 1.0.5                 | PTRLib-1.0.5.jar                                  | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | props                       | 2.6.3.7               | Decocraft-2.6.3.7_1.12.2.jar                      | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | mocreatures                 | 12.0.5                | DrZharks MoCreatures Mod-12.0.5.jar               | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | engineersdecor              | 1.1.5                 | engineersdecor-1.12.2-1.1.5.jar                   | ed58ed655893ced6280650866985abcae2bf7559 |     | LCHIJA | exoticbirds                 | 1.0                   | Exotic Birds 1.12.2-3.2.0.jar                     | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | unuparts                    | 6.5.0                 | UNU Parts Pack [MTS] 1.12.2-22.13.0-6.5.0.jar     | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | unuverse                    | 2.0.0                 | ExpandedUNUversePack[MTS]1.12.2-19.15.5-2.0.0.jar | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | fairylights                 | 2.1.10                | fairylights-2.2.0-1.12.2.jar                      | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | fcl                         | 1.12.82               | FCL-1.12.82c.jar                                  | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | net/fexcraft/lib/frl        | 1.2                   | FCL-1.12.82c.jar                                  | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | net/fexcraft/lib/tmt        | 1.15                  | FCL-1.12.82c.jar                                  | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | famm                        | 3.4.0                 | Fexs-Alphabet-and-More-Mod-Forge-1.12.2.jar       | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | forgemultipartcbe           | 2.6.2.83              | ForgeMultipart-1.12.2-2.6.2.83-universal.jar      | f1850c39b2516232a2108a7bd84d1cb5df93b261 |     | LCHIJA | microblockcbe               | 2.6.2.83              | ForgeMultipart-1.12.2-2.6.2.83-universal.jar      | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | minecraftmultipartcbe       | 2.6.2.83              | ForgeMultipart-1.12.2-2.6.2.83-universal.jar      | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | funkylocomotion             | 1.0                   | funky-locomotion-1.12.2-1.1.2.jar                 | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | furenikusroads              | 1.2.5                 | Furenikus_Roads-1.2.5.jar                         | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | cfm                         | 6.3.0                 | furniture-6.3.2-1.12.2.jar                        | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | waila                       | 1.8.22                | Hwyla-1.8.22-B37_1.12.jar                         | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | trackapi                    | 1.2                   | TrackAPI-1.2.jar                                  | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | universalmodcore            | 1.2.1                 | UniversalModCore-1.12.2-forge-1.2.1.jar           | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | immersiverailroading        | 1.10.0                | ImmersiveRailroading-1.12.2-forge-1.10.0.jar      | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | journeymap                  | 1.12.2-5.7.1p2        | journeymap-1.12.2-5.7.1p2.jar                     | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | zawa                        | 1.12.2-2.1.3          | zawa-1.12.2-2.1.3.jar                             | 3ee471ded1bba54aa82f4f5ca5ca82dd67b8ef42 |     | LCHIJA | lilcritters                 | 1.12.2-1.1.0.0        | Lil-Critters-Mod-Forge-1.12.2.jar                 | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | malisiscore                 | 1.12.2-6.5.1-SNAPSHOT | MalisisCore-1.12.2.jar                            | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | malisisdoors                | 1.12.2-7.3.0          | MalisisDoors-Mod-1.12.2.jar                       | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | mcwbridges                  | 1.0.6                 | mcw-bridges-1.0.6b-mc1.12.2.jar                   | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | mcwfences                   | 1.0.0                 | mcw-fences-1.0.0-mc1.12.2.jar                     | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | mcwroofs                    | 1.0.2                 | mcw-roofs-1.0.2-mc1.12.2.jar                      | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | moon-core                   | 7.0                   | Moons-Core-Forge-1.12.2.jar                       | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | mrtjpcore                   | 2.1.4.43              | MrTJPCore-1.12.2-2.1.4.43-universal.jar           | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | railcraft                   | 12.0.0                | railcraft-12.0.0.jar                              | a0c255ac501b2749537d5824bb0f0588bf0320fa |     | LCHIJA | mtr                         | 3.0.0                 | MTR-1.12.2-alpha-test-0.0.1.jar                   | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | kadwinjpvehicles            | 2.0.0                 | MTS_Kadwin_JP_Vehicles_Pack_4.1.jar               | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | ngtlib                      | 2.4.21                | NGTLib2.4.21-38_forge-1.12.2-14.23.2.2611.jar     | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | projectintelligence         | 1.0.9                 | ProjectIntelligence-1.12.2-1.0.9.28-universal.jar | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | nei                         | 2.4.3                 | NotEnoughItems-1.12.2-2.4.3.245-universal.jar     | f1850c39b2516232a2108a7bd84d1cb5df93b261 |     | LCHIJA | oe                          | 1.0.7                 | OceanicExpanse-1.0.7.jar                          | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | openmods                    | 0.12.2                | OpenModsLib-1.12.2-0.12.2.jar                     | d2a9a8e8440196e26a268d1f3ddc01b2e9c572a5 |     | LCHIJA | openblocks                  | 1.8.1                 | OpenBlocks-1.12.2-1.8.1.jar                       | d2a9a8e8440196e26a268d1f3ddc01b2e9c572a5 |     | LCHIJA | placeableitems              | 3.3                   | placeableitems-3.3.jar                            | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | projectred-core             | 4.9.4.120             | ProjectRed-1.12.2-4.9.4.120-Base.jar              | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | projectred-integration      | 4.9.4.120             | ProjectRed-1.12.2-4.9.4.120-integration.jar       | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | projectred-transmission     | 4.9.4.120             | ProjectRed-1.12.2-4.9.4.120-integration.jar       | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | projectred-illumination     | 4.9.4.120             | ProjectRed-1.12.2-4.9.4.120-lighting.jar          | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | projectred-expansion        | 4.9.4.120             | ProjectRed-1.12.2-4.9.4.120-mechanical.jar        | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | projectred-relocation       | 4.9.4.120             | ProjectRed-1.12.2-4.9.4.120-mechanical.jar        | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | projectred-transportation   | 4.9.4.120             | ProjectRed-1.12.2-4.9.4.120-mechanical.jar        | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | rtm                         | 2.4.24                | RTM2.4.24-43_forge-1.12.2-14.23.2.2611.jar        | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | trafficcontrol              | 1.1.1                 | trafficcontrol-1.1.1.jar                          | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | travelersbackpack           | 1.0.35                | TravelersBackpack-1.12.2-1.0.35.jar               | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | iv_tpp                      | 2.22.0                | Trin Parts Pack-1.12.2-2.23.1.jar                 | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | unucivil                    | 6.3.0                 | UNU Civilian Pack [MTS] 1.12.2-22.13.0-6.3.0.jar  | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | vehicle                     | 0.44.1                | vehicle-mod-0.44.1-1.12.2.jar                     | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | wawla                       | 2.6.275               | Wawla-1.12.2-2.6.275.jar                          | d476d1b22b218a10d845928d1665d45fce301b27 |     | LCHIJA | worldedit                   | 6.1.10                | worldedit-forge-mc1.12.2-6.1.10-dist.jar          | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | worldstatecheckpoints       | 1.12.2.1.2.1          | WorldStateCheckpoints-client-1.12.2.1.2.1.jar     | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | wrcbe                       | 2.3.2                 | WR-CBE-1.12.2-2.3.2.33-universal.jar              | f1850c39b2516232a2108a7bd84d1cb5df93b261 |     | LCHIJA | zoocraftdiscoveries         | 1.0                   | Zoocraft+Discoveries+1.12.2-1.3.0.jar             | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | immersiveengineering        | 0.12-98               | ImmersiveEngineering-0.12-98.jar                  | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | fix-rtm                     | 2.0.28                | fixRtm-2.0.28.jar                                 | None                                     |     | LCHIJA | mysticallib                 | 1.12.2-1.13.0         | mysticallib-1.12.2-1.13.0.jar                     | None                                     |     Loaded coremods (and transformers): ForgelinPlugin (Forgelin-1.8.3.jar)   PatchingFixRtmCorePlugin (fixRtm-2.0.28.jar)   com.anatawa12.fixRtm.asm.patching.PatchApplier IELoadingPlugin (ImmersiveEngineering-core-0.12-98.jar)   blusunrize.immersiveengineering.common.asm.IEClassTransformer FixRtmCorePlugin (fixRtm-2.0.28.jar)   JarInJarLoaderCoreMod (fixRtm-2.0.28.jar)   com.anatawa12.fixRtm.jarInJar.JarInJarPatcher BetterFoliageLoader (BetterFoliage-MC1.12-2.3.2.jar)   mods.betterfoliage.loader.BetterFoliageTransformer SecurityCraftLoadingPlugin ([1.12.2] SecurityCraft v1.9.9.jar)   OpenModsCorePlugin (OpenModsLib-1.12.2-0.12.2.jar)   openmods.core.OpenModsClassTransformer MalisisCorePlugin (MalisisCore-1.12.2.jar)   ObfuscatePlugin (obfuscate-0.4.2-1.12.2.jar)   com.mrcrayfish.obfuscate.asm.ObfuscateTransformer CTMCorePlugin (CTM-MC1.12.2-1.0.2.31.jar)   team.chisel.ctm.client.asm.CTMTransformer HookingFixRtmCorePlugin (fixRtm-2.0.28.jar)   com.anatawa12.fixRtm.asm.hooking.HookingTransformer     GL info: ' Vendor: 'NVIDIA Corporation' Version: '4.6.0 NVIDIA 551.86' Renderer: 'NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070/PCIe/SSE2'     OpenModsLib class transformers: [llama_null_fix:FINISHED],[horse_base_null_fix:FINISHED],[pre_world_render_hook:FINISHED],[player_render_hook:FINISHED],[horse_null_fix:FINISHED]     RTM Model Status: Initialized 1048 models, Using 0 models     I = Initialized, C = Constructed, SMP = SMP includeds     | model pack                                      | all | I | C   | SMP |     |:----------------------------------------------- |:--- |:- |:--- |:--- |     | mods\ModelPack_Nak_5_Structure_240313.zip       | 458 | 0 | 458 | 0   |     | mods\RTM2.4.24-43_forge-1.12.2-14.23.2.2611.jar | 281 | 0 | 281 | 0   |     | mods\rtm_Saracalias Pack v0.2.01.zip            | 309 | 0 | 309 | 0   |     Launched Version: 1.12.2-forge-14.23.5.2859     LWJGL: 2.9.4     OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 4.6.0 NVIDIA 551.86, NVIDIA Corporation     GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing. Using GL 1.3 texture combiners. Using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 3.0 is supported and separate blending is supported. Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported. VBOs are available because OpenGL 1.5 is supported.     Using VBOs: Yes     Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'     Type: Client (map_client.txt)     Resource Packs: NickMiner69V2.zip, MPT-4.zip, feldbahnpackv1-3.zip, G_P_Narrow_Gauge_Texel_Pack_V1.0.3.zip     Current Language: English (US)     Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)     CPU: 8x Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz     OptiFine Version: OptiFine_1.12.2_HD_U_G5     OptiFine Build: 20210124-142939     Render Distance Chunks: 12     Mipmaps: 4     Anisotropic Filtering: 1     Antialiasing: 0     Multitexture: false     Shaders: null     OpenGlVersion: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 551.86     OpenGlRenderer: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070/PCIe/SSE2     OpenGlVendor: NVIDIA Corporation     CpuCount: 8
    • i notice a change if i add the min and max ram in the line like this for example:    # Xmx and Xms set the maximum and minimum RAM usage, respectively. # They can take any number, followed by an M or a G. # M means Megabyte, G means Gigabyte. # For example, to set the maximum to 3GB: -Xmx3G # To set the minimum to 2.5GB: -Xms2500M # A good default for a modded server is 4GB. # Uncomment the next line to set it. -Xmx10240M -Xms8192M    i need to make more experiments but for now this apparently works.
    • This honestly might just work for you @SubscribeEvent public static void onScreenRender(ScreenEvent.Render.Post event) { final var player = Minecraft.getInstance().player; final var options = Minecraft.getInstance().options; if(!hasMyEffect(player)) return; // TODO: You provide hasMyEffect float f = Mth.lerp(event.getPartialTick(), player.oSpinningEffectIntensity, player.spinningEffectIntensity); float f1 = ((Double)options.screenEffectScale().get()).floatValue(); if(f <= 0F || f1 >= 1F) return; float p_282656_ = f * (1.0F - f1); final var p_282460_ = event.getGuiGraphics(); int i = p_282460_.guiWidth(); int j = p_282460_.guiHeight(); p_282460_.pose().pushPose(); float f5 = Mth.lerp(p_282656_, 2.0F, 1.0F); p_282460_.pose().translate((float)i / 2.0F, (float)j / 2.0F, 0.0F); p_282460_.pose().scale(f5, f5, f5); p_282460_.pose().translate((float)(-i) / 2.0F, (float)(-j) / 2.0F, 0.0F); float f4 = 0.2F * p_282656_; float f2 = 0.4F * p_282656_; float f3 = 0.2F * p_282656_; RenderSystem.disableDepthTest(); RenderSystem.depthMask(false); RenderSystem.enableBlend(); RenderSystem.blendFuncSeparate(GlStateManager.SourceFactor.ONE, GlStateManager.DestFactor.ONE, GlStateManager.SourceFactor.ONE, GlStateManager.DestFactor.ONE); p_282460_.setColor(f4, f2, f3, 1.0F); p_282460_.blit(new ResourceLocation("textures/misc/nausea.png"), 0, 0, -90, 0.0F, 0.0F, i, j, i, j); p_282460_.setColor(1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F); RenderSystem.defaultBlendFunc(); RenderSystem.disableBlend(); RenderSystem.depthMask(true); RenderSystem.enableDepthTest(); p_282460_.pose().popPose(); }   Note: Most of this is directly copied from GameRenderer as you pointed out you found. The only thing you'll have to likely do is update the `oSpinningEffectIntensity` + `spinningEffectIntensity` variables on the player when your effect is applied. Which values should be there? Not 100% sure, might be a game of guess and check, but `handleNetherPortalClient` in LocalPlayer has some hard coded you might be able to start with.
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.