Problem with adding 'wthit' as dependency [solved]

Tavi007

I'm in the process of updating my mod to newer minecraft versions. Part of the mod is interacting with the mod wthit (the newest fork of waila), so of cause I added the mod api as compileOnly dependency while the actual mod itself is a runtimeOnly dependency. (You can see the dependency part of my build.gradle file here and the properties file here). This set up did work fine up to minecraft version 1.17.1, but since the 1.18.2 and 1.19.3 version I run into exception when running the mod with eclipse.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.module.ResolutionException: Modules wthit and wthit_api export package mcp.mobius.waila.api.__internal__ to module minecraft
	at java.base/java.lang.module.Resolver.resolveFail(Resolver.java:901)
	at java.base/java.lang.module.Resolver.failTwoSuppliers(Resolver.java:815)
	at java.base/java.lang.module.Resolver.checkExportSuppliers(Resolver.java:736)
	at java.base/java.lang.module.Resolver.finish(Resolver.java:380)
	at java.base/java.lang.module.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:140)
	at java.base/java.lang.module.Configuration.resolveAndBind(Configuration.java:494)
	at MC-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/cpw.mods.modlauncher.ModuleLayerHandler.buildLayer(ModuleLayerHandler.java:75)
	at MC-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformationServicesHandler.buildTransformingClassLoader(TransformationServicesHandler.java:60)
	at MC-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:104)
	at MC-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:77)
	at MC-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:26)
	at MC-BOOTSTRAP/[email protected]/cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:23)
	at [email protected]/cpw.mods.bootstraplauncher.BootstrapLauncher.main(BootstrapLauncher.java:141)

I can build the mod jar just fine and test it by running it directly with forge launcher (aka adding it to custom modpack), but debugging like this is annoying af. 

So is my gradle set up incorrectly or is the wthit dependency faulty? Anyhow what can I do to fix it?

Edited by Tavi007

I run into exception when running the mod with eclipse.

If you are running it inside eclipse, it doesn't use the gradle build directly.

You need to (re)generate the eclipse run configurations from the gradle build.

Also their wiki says you need to use the "badpackets" mod as well: https://docs.bai.lol/wthit/plugin/getting_started/

But, I suggest you contact the mod author about their mod. These are the forge support forums.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

I always run 'gradlew genEclipseRuns --refresh-dependencies' and 'gradlew eclipse' to create a working eclipse project. But you might be right, that I also need badpackets, since I can't find it in the Referenced Libraries.

But, I suggest you contact the mod author about their mod. These are the forge support forums.

Well i was not sure, what causes the error and this forum is the best place to get any advice. So thanks for the hint anyway :)

• 2 weeks later...

So after a lot of trial and error and using google i actually found a solution here:
https://github.com/SpongePowered/MixinGradle/issues/40

Apparently it's a known problem and for now the best work around is to apply the plugin in a certain order:

1. apply plugin: 'net.minecraftforge.gradle'
  2. apply plugin: 'org.spongepowered.mixin'
  3. apply plugin: 'eclipse'

At least that worked for me

• Tavi007 changed the title to Problem with adding 'wthit' as dependency [solved]