Digging Deeper! -V1.3.1 for MC 1.3.2 (ironic? No!)

Blade Avuari

Still in the process of changing all this to Forge-forum stuff, but hopefully all the BBCode works.

I made this mod for Owen9456 of Minecraft Forums after he posted this:

How hard would it to be, say, make the limit of depth in minecraft higher so that we can dig/go deeper beneath the service? Or is it possible to change the 'ground' level of minecraft to be higher and thus have more depth? Just curious, I'm wondering if its even possible. It would be nice to be able to go deeper in minecraft, I always found the depths of minecraft to be a bit small.

I opted for the second choice-- changing the ground level of the world. As it turned out, that was harder than I thought, and it took alot of help, but I soon completed everything needed: Ores are at the correct heights, and the height level is doubled from original minecraft.

LEGAL

This document is Copyright © and is the intellectual

property of the author. Only Minecraftforum.net and http://www.minecraftforge.net is able to host any of my material without my consent. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. If you mirror this mod page or anything I've made on any other site without crediting me, I(Blade Avuari/Soandso2) may express my angst at you in the form of a lawsuit.

Version Notes

ALPHA
v0.1 Started mod
v0.3 Edited "World Type" Class File
v0.3.1 Eateded Cookie Files
v0.5 Set up the class file for the new world type
v0.7 Fixed layering glitches
v0.9 Squashed bugs
BETA
v1.0.0 Touched up mod, Released as open beta
v1.1.0 Now does not modify any other class files
V1.2.0 Total rebuild of mod, now has everything that is needed to count as 'Ready'
V1.3.0 Supposed to work with forge (it didn't)
V1.3.1 Added the mcmod.info file, which fixed the problem

The mod!

This mod requires modloader to work!

It is placed in the mods folder to work.

Found at:

http://www.mediafire...63t78mlyl55p4h1

It uses Forge, which you can get here:

Main Forge Download June 13th

Old versions:

Images

How to install the mod:

1. Download both the mod and forge.

2. Get to the .minecraft folder (which can be done by going to texture packs then "Texture Pack Folder," then going up one folder to '.minecraft'

3. Go to 'Bin"

4. Add forge to the Minecraft.jar; Delete META-INF!

5. Run minecraft

6. Close minecraft, and go to the mods folder in .minecraft

7. Add the mod's zip folder to .minecraft

To do:

Done:

Post Mod

Make it not modify any class files

Change ore gen locations

Change sea level to 127 instead of 95

Make it work in mods folder

Not done:

Add a reason to dig deeper!

Make the mod work in SMP

Add Large Biomes version

Create an API for other mods to make their ores gen in DD

I can't give enough credit to Volgon8, who really DID everything that was done in the mod. Please try his mod at the below banner to check out the mod which let this one become what it is.MZsXI.png

width=300 height=100http://i.imgur.com/ivK3J.png[/img]

I'm a little surprised that I am still ranked as a "Forge Modder," having not posted a single mod since my animals mod... I have to complete Digging Deeper!, fast!

It makes the world taller. Taller world = more cavern exploration. Also, there will be add-ons to make specific things only appear under layer 64.

I'm a little surprised that I am still ranked as a "Forge Modder," having not posted a single mod since my animals mod... I have to complete Digging Deeper!, fast!

but if i take "dig deeper!" wordltype i cant if large biomes

could you add a "large biomes/dig deeper!"

"not to scare azanor more , but he's a programmer, which is like the child of an orgy between math, logic, writing, and black magic . without any one of those it just doesn't work" etopsirhc

This mod will work really well with mine, Metallurgy.

I love the idea of it.

Which reminds me, I need to make an api so that other modders can have their ores gen on my mod.