Minecraft 1.7 - News

LexManos

/delurk

Thanks to the Forge and MCP teams for all they do, and the modders as well.  The game is made much more enjoyable by all their efforts.

(Not to introduce politics to the thread)  I'm sure that after this, fixing the ACA website will be a piece of cake for these guys, once they're done here.... ;D ;D

Just to bring some perspective to their work, I'm old enough to remember one of the criticisms of Reagan's 'Star Wars' defense plan:  "The required computer program would be too complicated to ever function -- it might take 500,000 lines of code!  Why, the largest programs today are only thirty thousand!"  The numerical coincidence is ironic.  Today, indie games done by a half-dozen developers exceed that....

And hobbyists mod it for free, or the occasional donations.  Hobbyists.  The future is really cool.   

Guys, a reminder:

FML and Forge will be done when they are done. Please stop asking for ETAs.

If you would like to get the latest news on updates, you can look at cpw and LexManos' twitter accounts at

https://twitter.com/LexManos

https://twitter.com/minecraftcpw

On a more serious note, I will have no choice but to ban the next person who asks for an ETA.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

Hi, I was wondering if Minecraft Forge couldn't maybe hand out some work to people who

really appreciate Forge's work (like me =D).

There are many ways to take what you asked:

If you're asking them to delegate some of the coding to you - go to the gradle, look at the workload and maybe try being proactive - i'm not sure about their contributor guidelines - but i'm reasonably certain that if you're a highly proficient coder, messaging someone directly is a good plan (not posting here).

If you're asking to test work - go to files.minecraftforge.net - if there is something to be tested, it's there. If there isn't - it doesn't exist.

If you're asking for a status update - go to files.minecraftforge.net - if its ready - it's there - if it isn't, it isn't there. Asking for a percentage done estimate for a project of this size isn't really ok. They are updating people plenty - if you're jonesing for an update, printscreen and photoshop it to today's date, then stare at it and pretend they just updated you. Additionally - 1.6.4 is still there waiting for you - all pretty and moddable and stuff.

Well everyone has been waiting for months, this topic has "177880 views" a ETA would be nice so we're not all wondering when we can play our mods again. But hey thats just my opionon. If they're not going to release it, great let us know, if they are, great let's know if its going to be 3,4,5,6 etc months out. From what its looking like though they'll be release it for 1.7 by the time another update is out. If at all.

Read the thread. They are still working on it, LexManos/cpw/everyone who's working on it (thanks by the way) and the MCP team are taking this big update as a chance to completely redo the MCP codebase/modding process and also Forge. It will take time, they've said this. Read this thread for details.

Well everyone has been waiting for months, this topic has "177880 views" a ETA would be nice so we're not all wondering when we can play our mods again. But hey thats just my opionon. If they're not going to release it, great let us know, if they are, great let's know if its going to be 3,4,5,6 etc months out. From what its looking like though they'll be release it for 1.7 by the time another update is out. If at all.

It's amazing the lack of patience people have.  If you have a quality mod then people aren't going to be so anxious to want to update because they will understand the process (much like we as coders should.)  If you don't have a quality mod then I would worry about that before I'd worry about an update to Forge.

For those of your users who are overly anxious to try the new updates, that is what's great about the new MC launcher: you can very easily jump between versions without a headache.  If they are anxious to play 1.7.x then they are more than welcome to do so, just without any mods.  If they want your mod and wish to continue their world(s) then they will play the version(s) your mod is compatible with. Simple as that; get over it.  It's not like anyone is getting hourly salaries to do this work.

ETA requests are not appreciated, and are not possible to give out because there is a lot of work to do.

You can see some of the work we're doing on our github: https://github.com/MinecraftForge

If you'd like to help we've gotten to the stage where FML is almost usable, after that it's on to Forge itself.

We've continuously ran into things that were not for seen.

I am not even gunna say any dates or anything because anything I say can be voided by things that we don't know yet.

If you want to help, take a look at our current code base and propose solutions to some of the changes in 1.7. There are A LOT of things that need to be completely re-written in 1.7 and i'd like the input of modders who use them.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

ETA requests are not appreciated, and are not possible to give out because there is a lot of work to do.

You can see some of the work we're doing on our github: https://github.com/MinecraftForge

If you'd like to help we've gotten to the stage where FML is almost usable, after that it's on to Forge itself.

We've continuously ran into things that were not for seen.

I am not even gunna say any dates or anything because anything I say can be voided by things that we don't know yet.

If you want to help, take a look at our current code base and propose solutions to some of the changes in 1.7. There are A LOT of things that need to be completely re-written in 1.7 and i'd like the input of modders who use them.

I'm sorry for the impatience from everyone, keep up the great work.

</lurk>

I registered an account just to say that you guys are <insert favorite superlative adjective here>! I had just started messing with Forge and modding right before the 1.7 patch, so I only got a taste of the awesomeness of Forge. I'm just thrilled that work is being done to keep this up, and wanted to thank y'all for putting easily-accessible power in the hands of the imaginative. Keep up the excellent work :D

I was hoping to have a build out today that was testable.

But last night Adubbz found a pretty severe bug in the new ID management code in FML.

being as it is christmas, cpw has been with his family. He'll get it fixed when he has a chance.

I've told him that he is free to re-enable the jenkins build when he sees fit.

As of right now, I will be gone at a convention until the 2nd. So don't expect any actual code from me.

The other announcement is about the Fluid api. King_Lemming wanted to do a major re-work of it, but sadly due to real life issues {and well the hollidays, which admit it, are the same thing :P} he has not had the time to work on it. He has said that after the 1st he will have more free time and dedicate it to that.

Basically, a Beta is just around the corner. I'll be gone for a week, but it's all good.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Question about new update..... Have read in other forums that sometimes Forge has conflicts with the Magic Launcher... I swapped to a MAC versus my old PC.. My old text pack was good but it required Magic Launcher and optifine to run..I did not have any conflicts with the 1.5.2

versions of Forge and Magic Launcher, I am hoping you updated version for forge will still work with it. Please don't take this as being pushy.. I appreciate the effort you guys are putting into the new forge..I know your biggest concern is getting it up and running. But if you have any info on this subject... it would allow me to at least figure out what to update first..Thank you for your time..

FYI I just checked the forge download site and although it looks like the beta is available...

1.7.2-Latest 10.12.0.967 1.7.2 12/26/2013 04:26:07 PM

... I'm not sure how that can be possible since MCP doesn't look like it's been released yet?  And no official word from LexManos?

Does this mean it's not actually what I think it is?

Haven't actually tried out the src yet, need to figure out how to use Gradle first.

-TGG

FYI I just checked the forge download site and although it looks like the beta is available...

1.7.2-Latest 10.12.0.967 1.7.2 12/26/2013 04:26:07 PM

... I'm not sure how that can be possible since MCP doesn't look like it's been released yet?  And no official word from LexManos?

Yes, I saw the same Forge download... Been checking practically every day this last week.

As for the MCP, once you install Forge, on the main splash screen it says: MCP V9.01-pre

This is exactly what the image had that lexManos tweeted a few days ago. The pre-release is out and we can now start seeing mods being updated in the next few days.

Thanks Forge team for getting this out so quickly after the MCP "prelease"

I've been hoping for this for some time, yet I have to admit I'm very surprised since mcp isn't updated as well -- yet there's not src download waitng on mcp for that).  What's confusing to me is, how can users test it if mod authors can't update to it yet (no src).  I guess I could be a guinea pig be creating a separate MC instance and seeing if any old mods work on it, of if otherwise unmodded games play smoothly...?

Well, not really anything to complain about though -- a step forward can only be a good thing.

Nevermind:  I found with the SRC version was link, duh, uh-uh-uh....

Developer of Doomlike Dungeons.

Hi,

First: Thanks for the work!

Second: Can confirm src package working here. Some Bugs in the gradle process, a patches directory missing, Example Code broken, and problems with assets (no sound). Also, the server installer from the installer package seems broken. No other issues so far. After fixing server and Client can be started from Eclipse.

Third: Will adress the Bugs when not on a mobile anymore, this is just FYI.

Thanks again

I have the loader installed and working with MC, but I am unable to even test my existing mods as it says none are installed. Am I missing something? Last time I had issues with the old outdated mods, but this time I can't find the error logs... Where can they be found again?