A Little Help With 1.6.4 Preload Textures + Armor Textures please? :)

TechieCrow

Hey guys so I know basic java and have modded a simple ore/item mod with ModLoader but now my girlfriend can use Forge 1.6 (1.5 hated her NetBook) I decided to recreate my mod with Forge but this time with a lot more different features.

Anyway I've been following tutorials and getting to grips with Forge modding and I have managed to get my mod up to date but I cannot seem to figure out how to get custom textures to show on armor, all I did see a ModLoader method of adding textures but I believe I read it was being removed when Forge updates to 1.7 so I figured if there is a Forge method I would use that in stead to save a lot of headache, I couldn't find any tutorials that I can get to work.

I also ways to "preload" textures, all of which doesn't seem to work anymore so I was wondering if this is still implemented?

Any help would be really appreciated as I only started recreating my mod with Forge 2 days ago. :3

"Preloading" textures hasn't been necessary since 1.5.0 with the new texture system.  Vanilla handles that for you.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Thanks helpful but still trying to figure this out unfortunately. :(

It seems the tutorials I've been reading/watching either the textures just don't show or the items don't show up ingame. xD

When I get back on my modding computer I'll try again then pastebin the classes here if it doesn't work again.

A source code base you can peek at:

https://github.com/Draco18s/Decaying-World

Mind I didn't make any armor, but armor should use the same basic functions.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Thanks guys, it's really helped I have now managed to get textures to show up for the armor only problem now is it's the wrong textures :3

Here the code I've been working with:

XenoriteMain.java:

static EnumArmorMaterial xenorite = EnumHelper.addArmorMaterial("xenorite", 25, new int[] { 2, 6, 5, 2 }, 9);

XenoriteHelmet = (new XenoriteHelmet(XenoriteHelmetID, xenorite, 5, 0));	//Xenorite Helmet
	LanguageRegistry.addName(XenoriteHelmet, "Xenorite Helmet");

XenoriteChestplate = (new XenoriteChestplate(XenoriteChestplateID, xenorite, 5, 1));	//Xenorite Chestplate
	LanguageRegistry.addName(XenoriteChestplate, "Xenorite Chestplate");

XenoriteLeggings = (new XenoriteLeggings(XenoriteLeggingsID, xenorite, 5, 2));	//Xenorite Leggings
	LanguageRegistry.addName(XenoriteLeggings, "Xenorite Leggings");

XenoriteBoots = (new XenoriteBoots(XenoriteBootsID, xenorite, 5, 3));	//Xenorite Boots
	LanguageRegistry.addName(XenoriteBoots, "Xenorite Boots");

If I decrease the "5" it shows the vanilla armor textures and if I increase it, it shows no textures, from what I learned from ModLoader "5" is the next texture to be added which in this case would be xenorite_layer_ but I am new to Forge and might be missing something.

getArmorTexture in the XenoriteHelmet.java:

public String getArmorTexture(ItemStack stack, Entity entity, int slot, int layer)
{
if(itemID == XenoriteMain.XenoriteHelmetID)
{
return "xenorite:textures/models/armor/xenorite_layer_1.png";
}
else return null;

}