[SOLVED] DISCOVERY/BUG Client-Server-Synchronization /closed

Lartsch

Sorry if my english is not THAT great. :)

Hello guys,

I really dont know if this is new to you and I dont know if it is important or wrong to tell you. Excuse me if! I already knew that SMP/SSP is merged in Forge 4.0.0.200 but this was new to me! I cannot post a crashlog because there was none ;)

I'm relative new to modding and I made a little "Test-Mod" for Forge 4.0.0.212.

The mod just includes a new crafting-recipe and new smelting-recipe.

Now the discovery:

1. I put the .zip of my mod in my mods-folder in my "normal" minecraft to test: all worked fine and I could craft and smelt my new recipes in SSP!

2. I put the same .zip in the mods folder of my vanillaserver with just forge 4.0.0.212 installed and deleted the .zip in my minecraft-client so that the mod ONLY was installed in the server. Of course my mod did not run in SSP anymore but if I joined on my server, which had my mod installed in mods folder and succesfully loaded, i could smelt my new recipe in oven but my crafting-recipe did not work. I tested it A LOT times so you can trust me. (even if this is my first post :P)

EDIT: On both, client and server, was installed 4.0.0.212 and I'm sorry if this post is not like defined the rules-post of this thread :(

You need a mcmod.info file in your zip package. It should look like this:

https://github.com/cpw/ironchest/blob/master/IronChests2/mcmod.info

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

You need a mcmod.info file in your zip package. It should look like this:

https://github.com/cpw/ironchest/blob/master/IronChests2/mcmod.info

Okay but what does this have to do with that the mod only have to be in server or that i only can do my smelting recipe? and if its normal that only the server have to include the mod then its not normal that only the crafting recipe works anyways? idk...  :o??? but thx i know the info file but this just was a test mod :D

well, I don't know why the smelting recipe does work for you even if you don't have the mod client-side installed (probably has something to do that the furnace smelting is only processed in the server?), but I'm sure crafting recipes need both client-side and server-side mod to work.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

does it work when you have the mod in both, client and server, installed?

mah twitter

1) Don't triple post, give people some time to respond -.-

2) The client MUST know about the recipe in order for it to show up for the client.

This means of coarse it wont work unless the mod is installed on the client.

So I see nothing here that is a legitimate issue.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Yes, I know because smelting is controlled by the server, it needs no client side component.

Crafting does -.-

So once again, I tell you, this is not a issue, you just don't understand how MC works.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon