Block texures not loading after mod installation

Stormageddon

I know this may seem arbitrary, but I'm having an issue.  I've checked around on the forums, searching for an answer, and none of the other posts/solutions seem to work.  When creating/testing my mod, all of my textures load just fine. I can see the separate blocks and what their respective textures are.  However, after I put my mod into my minecraft, my textures refuse to load.  I've checked all my other mods, and they have their textures saved in the same format of "assets\[MODNAME]\textures\blocks\"  I can't figure out why it won't load my textures.  Please help, thanks.

Are your folder/files named in all lower case?

Are you registering the texture files in all lower case?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Screenshot of zip directory layout needed at this point.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

When I save, I generally do it like this. I always make my packages wade.[Name of mod] so when I package my mod, I always zip the folder after wade. So say I did the package wade.kittens. I would zip the folder kittens. Hope that helps.

EDIT: so you would do the folder morecolors

Hi

This might help give more diagnostic info:

Change the vanilla source code to add two println statements as below.  Then copy us your logs for

(1) startup during development environment

(2) startup when packaged into a zip

-TGG

FolderResourcePack 
    protected boolean makeFullPath(String par1Str)
    {
        System.out.println("FolderResourcePack.makeFullPath:" + this.basePath + " , " + par1Str);   // add this
        return (new File(this.basePath, par1Str)).isFile();
    }

FileResourcePack
    protected boolean makeFullPath(String par1Str)
    {
        System.out.println("FileResourcePack.makeFullPath:" + this.basePath + " , " + par1Str);  // add this
        return (new File(this.basePath, par1Str)).isFile();
    }

Capture.png

YSPilot - When I try to zip the folder that appears after my name, minecraft crashes because Forge relies on stormcassidy.morecolors to find my class files. If "stormcassidy." isn't there, it can't find my class files.

TheGreyGhost - "makeFullPath" methods don't exist in either one of the FolderResourcePack or FileResourcePack files.  They each have a different method that seems to do the same thing, but the FileResourcePack one implements a try/catch inside the method; presumably in case it can't find the file.  Also, I don't entirely feel comfortable messing with the original source code unless I know EXACTLY where I'm putting my edits so that I don't break Minecraft or anything.

Draco18s - Yeah there's two. Only because that's the way Eclipse has it listed; being assets.morecolors.textures.blocks and then all my png files.

Draco18s - Yeah there's two. Only because that's the way Eclipse has it listed; being assets.morecolors.textures.blocks and then all my png files.

But your assets shouldn't be inside your main package at all.

Should be:

src/stormcassidy/morecolors/MainModClass.java

src/assets/morecolors/textures/[etc]

Draco18s - It is like that inside of Eclipse. If I try to make it like you said, forge suddenly can't find my main class. And according to all the tutorials I've seen, and the layouts of all of the other mods I already have installed, my layout should be stormcassidy/morecolors/assets/morecolors/textures where the first morecolors folder contains all of my class files.

Something I just realized...I use one generic block class (NewBlock) to create all of my new blocks and just assign the texture inside of the main class file

(i.e.: public static Block newBlock = new NewBlock(ID, Material).setTextureName(String).

Could that be what's causing the issue? I would change it around to check, but I have quite a few new blocks created...so that would be rather time consuming if it didn't work.

Draco18s - It is like that inside of Eclipse. If I try to make it like you said, forge suddenly can't find my main class

Leave the main class alone!  Move the TEXTURES.

I never touched the main class. I only ever moved my assets folder that contains my textures.  Now, for some reason the damn forum still won't let me upload attachments, so I'm going to try my best to explain every little detail.

stormcassidy.zip\stormcassidy\morecolors\        contains:

assets folder  <-- This right here contains my textures.  If I put it here, forge and minecraft run, but fail to load the textures.  If I put it ANYWHERE else, forge suddenly can't find my

main class.

client folder

CommonProxy.class

MoreColors$1.class      <-- I have no idea what this is, because it doesn't show up in eclipse.

MoreColors.class      <-- This is my main class right here.  I NEVER MOVED IT.

MoreColorsInfo.class

NewBlock.class

That is my layout.  The client folder simply contains ClientProxy.class so it's not important in this matter.

3) Go straight to jail, do not pass Go, do not collect 4000$.

You made me lol.  And...

THANK THE LORD ALMIGHTY IT'S FINALLY WORKING!!

I had to do:

stormcassidy.zip

|__stormcassidy

|__morecolors

|__MoreColors.class

|__assets

|__morecolors

|__textures

And...as of right now...I feel EXTREMELY retarded for not realizing this CRUCIAL difference between my format and the format of the other mods I have installed. >.< Anyways...thanks to all of you for the help!

Not to sound completely full of myself, but you did what I told you to do, FINALLY.

Should be:

src/stormcassidy/morecolors/MainModClass.java

src/assets/morecolors/textures/[etc]

diesieben07 - It is the same layout that you said.  Only difference is that I don't have com/example/ because that's not what my package name indicates.

Draco18s - Yeah...when you said "src" I was dumb enough to put an extra folder src.  So when I zipped everything up, my layout ended up being something like src.zip/src/stormcassidy/... and that's why it wasn't working when I did that.