Crash on world load, java out of bounds exception

Deco

I was trying to add a food that gives the player instant damage I upon consumption, but I was only able to give the 'harm' effect for one second. When I came back to the project in the morning, the game would run but crash when the world would load. This is the error it gives me:

Stack trace? Crash Report? New to this, sorry.

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f6a9c0426f713a7fef53

My main class code:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/1e30ea376d8f3a93573e

I'm afraid I may have accidentally messed with some of the default code, but I'm not certain. Any ideas?

Also, I don't know what would help you guys help me. Please tell me what you need.

Hi

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 117

potionTypes[this.potionID]

so potionID is out of range (117 but the maximum allowed is 31)

The only place that potionID is set is during construction of PotionEffect.

If it crashed after world load, this might means that PotionEffect is not reloading from the NBT properly?

public static PotionEffect readCustomPotionEffectFromNBT(NBTTagCompound par0NBTTagCompound)
    {
        byte b0 = par0NBTTagCompound.getByte("Id");
        byte b1 = par0NBTTagCompound.getByte("Amplifier");
        int i = par0NBTTagCompound.getInteger("Duration");
        boolean flag = par0NBTTagCompound.getBoolean("Ambient");
        return new PotionEffect(b0, i, b1, flag);
    }

Could you post your code that does the application of the PotionEffect?

You could also try:

Add a statement to onUpdate and put a breakpoint on it, then wait for the breakpoint to trigger and step your way back out to see why potionID was set to 117.

public boolean onUpdate(EntityLivingBase par1EntityLivingBase)
    {
        if (this.duration > 0)
        {
            if (this.potionID >= 32) {
               this.potionID = this.potionID;   // ADD A BREAKPOINT HERE
            } else if (Potion.potionTypes[this.potionID].isReady(this.duration, this.amplifier))

-TGG

Where do I find the code that does the application of PotionEffect? I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, and I'm not using a custom potion effect. Here's the item's class anyways:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/8801abbff03c4f0e36b5

Aight. So I followed all your jazz with breakpoints and such, only to have the game still crash and now the first line of the stack trace reads:

2013-11-07 22:26:50 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] 	at net.minecraft.potion.PotionHelper.calcPotionLiquidColor(PotionHelper.java:81)

Dang. I just set the breakpoint at the previous line, and now I'm back exactly where I was :(

Plus, I know what stepping backwards is, I just don't know how to debug in Eclipse.

Hi

I was trying to add a food that gives the player instant damage I upon consumption, but I was only able to give the 'harm' effect for one second.

Not sure I understand - how did you manage to do this, if you didn't use a potion effect (eg .setPotionEffect)?

It's possible you did something during development that has applied a weird potionID to your player.  Every time the world reloads, it tries to use this saved potionID which causes the out of bounds.

Probably easiest to create a new world.  The problem will probably go away (unless something else in your code introduces it again).

-TGG