Downloading the mod files at connecting to a server

Einel

Hey.

I think a really annoying thing is that you have to install all mods on your client that you want to use on a server, so I thought about a solution for this problem.

The point is that all files are on the server anyway, also these for the client.

Why doesn't load the client all files needed to launch, like the images, packets and rendering files, on connecting to the server? I know, maybe it takes a bit longer to connect, but you don't have to install the mods manually that you maybe don't even want to use in single player. I thought maybe it could be saved in a cache or something, for servers you often connect to.

I'm not very familiar with the techniques of Forge, but I think the most is the server doing anyway.

Do you think it is possible?

I see the problem, but would it be possible to code a coremod that does exactly this.

Not really, because the current setup doesn't allow mods to be hotloaded.

yes it can

CodeChickenCore will automatically download a dependancy, CodeChickenLib, into your mods folder.

I see the problem, but would it be possible to code a coremod that does exactly this.

Not really, because the current setup doesn't allow mods to be hotloaded.

yes it can

CodeChickenCore will automatically download a dependancy, CodeChickenLib, into your mods folder.

Hmmm. I think it's different, because NotEnoughItems doesn't load the dependency CodeChickenCore automatically.