[SOLVED] [1.6.4] ZipException

saxon564

So after several posts here and a lot of time spent modifying the code for each mob to what i wanted, i can finally release it, but i have run into one problem, i have recompiled it and reobfuscated it, i have watched Wuppy's tutorial on 1.6.* how to release your mod, and none of that has worked.

Here is the error

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> 2013-11-20 00:14:19 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Zip file scala-library-2.10.2.jar failed to read properly, it will be ignored

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.JarDiscoverer.discover(JarDiscoverer.java:41)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ContainerType.findMods(ContainerType.java:42)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ModCandidate.explore(ModCandidate.java:64)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ModDiscoverer.identifyMods(ModDiscoverer.java:127)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:353)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:485)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:181)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:471)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:806)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)

[00:14:19 INFO]: Client> at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

this error gives me no leads as to what i need to do. my mod name file is moChickens1.6.4V1.0.rar all other mods are loading like they should, but this is the only one that isnt loading. file path: mod/1.6.4/moChickens1.6.4V1.0.rar

has anyone seen this error before? or does anyone know how to fix this error? any help would be greatly appreciated.

if therres anything you need to know that i didnt share, let me know and i will post it as soon as i can.

.zip files does NOT like mixed case.

Please for the love of god and cows stick to Java conventions they are there for a reason.

Now why am I saying this?

Because the most common reason for this error is that you have uppercase letters in one or more of the following:

* modid

* package names

* folder names

Please be so kind as to double check that this is not the issue :)

As I'm writing this I'm noticing something which may be relevant your file is .rar and not .zip, aren't those file types using different compression types?

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...