NullPointerException on launch - 1.3.2 Server

Clockturn

Installed Forge as per normal on vanilla minecraft_server.jar, version 1.3.2.

Server launches as expected under Windows, works fine. Upon being moved to remote server (Arch Linux based, terminal only, 64-bit, using the jre7-openjdk-headless package with libcups and fontconfig) server crashes with the following stack trace:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.Downloader.makeHeadless(Downloader.java:137)

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.showWindow(FMLRelauncher.java:67)

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.relaunchServer(FMLRelauncher.java:117)

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.handleServerRelaunch(FMLRelauncher.java:33)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.main(MinecraftServer.java:1258)

Using Forge 4.0.0.200, and 4.0.0.217 - same error occurs. Crashing before any init, so no logfiles are generated.

Using openjdk6 package, I get a long string of recursive font errors followed by some Swing errors (which as I understand it is a GUI package, and the system is entirely headless - I see no makeHeadless call in the end of the stack trace, only showWindow, so I'm assuming that even with nogui it's trying to create the downloader window, then crashing when it tries to initialize fonts on a system with no font manager or GUI components)

Would appreciate any insight into this issue.

I cannot analyze this error but I think it failed to download the libraries and put it in your main server-folder where the minecraft_server.jar is located. so, here step for step: 1. make a new folder in the folder where your minecraft_server.jar is located called "libs" without quotes

2. download this .zip :  http://files.minecraftforge.net/fmllibs/fml_libs.zip

3. put the jars from the downloaded .zip into your libs-folder

4. just to make sure: get a new minecraft_server.jar from http://minecraft.net/download

5. extract the files from forge 4.0.0.217 into the minecraft_server.jar and try to run server... if failed try with 4.0.0.200.... just try out and tell me