[SOLVED] Updating 1.4.7 mod for 1.6.4 or 1.6.2

Agrael11

Hi!

I've tried to update 1.4.7 forge mod so it will be compatible with newer minecraft version, but really don't know how to start. It's not my mod and source code is not available, but I've managed to decompile it and make it work. But thanks to 1.5 resourcepack update it not working at all in new version. It's just for my personal use and I don't want to share this mod. If someone would help me with this i would be really glad.

Thanks!

EDIT: I forget the mod name : It's redpower 2.

Alright so first of all. What have you got working, the updates have been pretty large (mostly the resource packs). There are some tutorials on the MinecraftForge wiki that will help you out with setting up the resource packs/locations. http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Icons_and_Textures explains the 1.6 way of doing textures.

Second. Do you have permission(or is it allowed via the mod's licence) to decompile and work on this mod? If it's closed source there is probably a reason for it, and even if you are using it personally. Although my knowledge is not high enough to suggest things around licences.

Third. Depending on how large this mod is, It might be easier to rewrite, while copying/rewriting some of the other code. It's also a great way to clean up code, and understand it, particularly if you didn't write the code in the first place. I know for a fact, Pahimar said that the update to X minecraft version for EE2 was going to take a lot more work the creating EE3 (just as an example). If we knew what mod you were trying to update, we might understand what could've broken.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...